• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Outdoor cooking for everyone, post away your outdoor dishes.

Looks a little over done.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk
Tasted a little over awesome to me , 2 carnivores eating steak and apple pie with bowie knives in the dark after not camping together fir years while he was off serving , it was frkn purfect in my book.......
Now I remenebr why I killed the inet for a few months , click
Dave out0927192134.jpg

Pre packaged Pork Carnita from the freezer aisle on the right, and some red bell pepper and onion on the left. Directions for the pork were to boil until tender. I ended up opening up the package and putting in with the veggies to finish.

88bf3d07ec1cb188de621cef32736ced.jpg

Split chicken breasts, with a halved onion seasoned and cooked about an hour, then added corn on the cob, baby red potatoes and baby carrots. Seasoned with sea salt, black pepper, garlic powder, and rosemary. Total cook time was about 4 hours. It was breezy so had to replenish coals about every half hour.

Also a quick backpack lunch of chicken fettuccine, and canned chicken, with MRE fruit punch, made on the Coleman 530. With the 3 year old.
570e43c8d4a131aa920d766df9d32519.jpg
e91d2d23736fe988a635654256759817.jpg

We HAD a decent 2-burner propane grill that was in decent condition, just not used in a while. Surface rust, cobwebs, could use a good cleaning but definitely functional and stored out of the way. Demented wife snuck it to the curb one garbage night and a scrapper probably grabbed it. :mad: For whatever reason she opted to put the grates in my trailer instead of including them so someone might be able to use the grill. :mad: (rant over)

Lamenting the loss of our grill, my kids had wanted to do a barbecue for my Bday a few weeks ago. I then remembered I had bought a little grill for $20 about 15 years ago and proceeded to forget about it. We found it in the shed, still NIB and assembled it. I also had some utensils NIB bought at auction for $7. They've been sitting around for 10 years.
rolleyes.gif
And the 20lb to little can propane adapter hose was around $20, also NIB, I forget where I got it but it has been around for the last few hurricanes, 1-2 years.

Before cooking, I had my son hook up the hose and showed him how to check for leaks with soapy water. Had a tiny leak at the can connector stopped with an extra oomph on the connector with gloved hand. Then he got it lit and we let it burn off the China juice for 20min or so as advised in the instructions.

My daughter brought home some food and she, her boyfriend and my son cooked up some goodies for us. Shisk-ka-mes, steaks, cheeseburgers, asparagus, potatoes and so on. Tomatos and lettuce for the burgers in the kitchen. Twizzlers and ice cream for dessert.
smile.gif
Not bad for their first barbecue.
smile.gif
It was all them--I had nothing to do with it ...

grill3.jpg
grill4.jpg
grill5.jpg

What a great way to bond with your daughter and teach at the same time. +10
I picked up a vintage boy scout mess kit on ebay awhile back. And she has laid claim to it. Loves when I get any of the coleman grills out, always wants to cook her share in it, and eat with it. I didnt get a picture but I did a couple fried eggs in it that morning and she couldnt have been happier

I am embarrassed to say I bought LLoyd's pre-cooked baby ribs and will just heat them up for the 4th.
I did a nice tri-tip weds, though, and we will finish that for lunch today. oooohh . . . It's time to go prep.

Deputy Festus usually presides over the Old Town, but no festivities this year. Dict...err...governor Newsom has us on lockdown.
FESTUS2.jpg
So far nobody has attempted to remove him since some drunken cowboys stole him 40+ years ago, and he was secured permanently in this garden.
This is an old pic, as you can see from the rodeo parade poster. It was canceled this year.

After buying this smoker in about 2007 I was told I could not use my apartment's electricity because it was paid for by the owners of the apts. So it set in a bag, torn down and waiting to be used. Last night I pit it together and will be using it soon. It is only a smoker so I have to get a bowl to hold charcoal and chips. Probably something cast iron. I lost the assembly instructions long ago but figured it out. Hardest part were the feet. They were an after thought. Badly designed and just jerry rigged to satisfy the fire marshalls. Here is a pic or two.

This is a Cameron's Smoke n Fold. Discontinued now and Cameron's doesn't even want to talk about it. I think it was a flop.

Camerons smoker.jpg Camerons smoke n fold smoker.jpg

Got a pellet grill for Christmas. Been using it every weekend. While not technically outdoors, since I've currently got it set up in my barn. Today was smoked chili, and a couple chicken breasts.
50940ad23b9f5fb7922646d621fe7f21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Got a pellet grill for Christmas. Been using it every weekend. While not technically outdoors, since I've currently got it set up in my barn. Today was smoked chili, and a couple chicken breasts.
50940ad23b9f5fb7922646d621fe7f21.jpg

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
Once ya say smoked chili, nothing else need be said YUUUMMMMM!!!

Time to start some chili . . . LOL
Tonight it was simple. Baked ham with steamed carrots and potatoes. Virgil's root beer with vanilla bean ice cream.

I've been cooking indoors, since my old propane BBQ has 3 burned out burners. The cast iron has split and flames are sorta random. Probably about ready to launch itself thru the back fence. I have had this SS BBQ over 12 years, and it's still serviceable except the burners. You can buy new ones for about $100 shipped, for all 3.

It's a Kirkland, made for Costco by Charbroil, and it was on sale for 30% off in 2008, so $400 new.
I could probably get a new SS one for $800 now, but I will have to check Costco.

They built a new Costco only 2 miles away, and I have not been in it. It opened just before the lockdowns.

Back