• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning guys.

I heard OK was socked in with deep snow, Meanie, But I thought was more like 2 feet.

Nothing to shovel here, but there is still a small puddle or two left over from the previous rain.

it looks to be cool and overcast all day but no precipitation possible until maybe late tonight.

We need any drop of rain we can get right now because all of our reservoirs were perilously low on water..

Good Morning MO's!!

Snowy here today. Prob woke all my neighbors running the snowblower at 4am this morning. Had prob 8" to over a foot in places in the drive. They will thank me tonight when I help them dig out.

Once I got on the road it wasnt toooooo bad. I75 was sorta plowed but you could not see the lines....which doesn't stop people from trying to do the speed limit+.

In my AWD Honda I could feel slippage if I pushed past 55 but people were still flying by. I don't care how good you think your car is in the snow, once you lose it, you lose it. Been there, done that and have the dents to prove it...., but what do I know :idk:

Be safe out there!!

Meanwhile in Sweden...

Between December 1st and March 31st, it is mandatory by law to use winter tires if it is winter/snow on the roads. It is forbidden to use studded tires during the period April 16th - September 30th if it is not or is not expected, to be winter/snow on the roads.

By winter tires is meant studded tires or so-called unstudded friction tires. You cannot use both studded and unstudded tires on the same vehicle. It is OK to use unstudded friction tires all year round.

The tires that have the greatest tread depth or stud tread should be fitted to the rear of the vehicle. It reduces the risk of skidding when braking or turning. This applies to both front- and rear-wheel-drive cars.

Last edited:
Meanwhile in Sweden...

Studded tires are a no go here. Not sure if they allow them in the more mountainous states.

I usually have all seasons on my CRV and off road tires in my truck. The tires on the CRV are awesome. I really cant imagine a 'snow' tire being that much better.

I find it ironic that back in the old days people had summer and winter tires. Once the all season radial came out it was life changing. We we'll never gave to deal with multiple set if tires again!!!!!!

Now everyone wants high performance tires for summer driving so they 'choose' to buy a second set specifically for winter. People today just look for things to waste money on.

It makes sense in some specific areas of the country that do get really harsh long winters but for most its just a false sense of security. Most if the cars I see in the ditch are 4wd trucks and SUV's....false sense of security....

I admit i am very utilitarian when it comes to vehicles. My second car was a 'ticket me red' Camaro with T-tops. I got the fast, flashy car bug out of my system early on.

We can use studded tires in Washington from November 1 to March 31. We had studded snow tires on their own rims for our station wagon, but not for my moms VW or it’s replacement, the Pinto. Haven’t used studded since, like you said, the advent of steel belted radials. During my early cool water sandwich days, I bought people’s end of season studdeds and just pulled the studs out with pliers to replace my worn out regular tires. Those things could be 4 years old and still have near new tread.lol

1f633.png
I've about had all this fun I can stand...

-7.jpg

Where I'm from we haven't had snow in one thousand years. Today was mid to high 60s I think, I was inside most of the time so I'm not sure. Went on a good bike ride with some buddies last weekend, they went all the way to the beach but I was having a hard time and turned back early.

Where I'm from we haven't had snow in one thousand years. Today was mid to high 60s I think, I was inside most of the time so I'm not sure. Went on a good bike ride with some buddies last weekend, they went all the way to the beach but I was having a hard time and turned back early.
Lol, it probably snowed the day before they started keeping track..we hadn’t had a volcano erupt in a while but.....lol

If it makes you feel better, even Hell freezes over once a year.

And by Hell I mean Hell, MI.

Helllll.jpg

It was a few deg below zero this morning. The car cranked really slow, I wasnt sure if it was going to start.

I have a 45-60 min drive to work and I didnt start to feel warm until I pulled into the parking lot.

Just heard that Rush Limbaugh has passed.

The left will be doing their happy dance.

I think it is a great loss. RIP Sir!!

Back