• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 464 Lever Action Photo Gallery

Love the nickle lever guns. I own a 500 mariner. I got some pics of my 464 spx. I included a pic of the lever wrap. It was the last and best addition. Definately helps me shoot faster. I have a 34 mm red/green dot sight and a foldable foregrip which both of course helps with accuracy. A bit different, but let me know what you think.View attachment 5816 View attachment 5817 View attachment 5818
How did you mount your scope? Does the rail segments prevent the round from ejecting?

How did you mount your scope? Does the rail segments prevent the round from ejecting?
My gun was already drilled and tapped. I bought a two piece rail from gunbroker.com years ago. It screwed right on. One with two screws in the front rail section, and two in the back section. Also the shells come out just fine. They hang up if you short lever it.

Attachments

• 20210116_222642.jpg
    20210116_222642.jpg
    123.4 KB · Views: 12
  • 20210116_222624.jpg
    20210116_222624.jpg
    129 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Guess I'll plug my 464 SPX into this thread. First lever gun for me. May as well do something that messes with the traditionalists. Wish those molded in side rails were removable though, like the bottom one is. Fun Fun!
KIMG2543.JPG KIMG2546.JPG KIMG2545.JPG

Guess I'll plug my 464 SPX into this thread. First lever gun for me. May as well do something that messes with the traditionalists. Wish those molded in side rails were removable though, like the bottom one is. Fun Fun!
View attachment 24531 View attachment 24532 View attachment 24533
First generation the rails were removable. People cried that they were sharp and cut them. Usually they weren't using the included rail covers. Mine is gen 1. Yours is gen 2.

Attachments

• 20210218_151156.jpg
    20210218_151156.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 14
  • 20210218_150701.jpg
    20210218_150701.jpg
    271.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
After reading so many negative reviews of the 464 Carbine and seeing the prices of beat up old model 94s and 336s skyrocket. I decided I wasn't going to buy into what I consider a bubble in gun prices. I currently have two 350 legend bolt actions which I love but needed a light levergun for my woods walking. I found a brand new walnut and blued pistol grip version online here in Canada for $700. Yes guns are expensive here. Older ones even more so.
So I ordered it fully expecting a bevy of issues outlined in many reviews. This one was built in March 2021.

I have to say it is one handsome rifle. I have cleaned it, oiled it, etc. Cycled 200-300 to loosen up the action and then last weekend I took it to the range to sight in the irons. Took me 20 minutes with the Williams sights - Very nice setup. Sighted it in for 2 inches high at 50 yds which gives me a 160yd zero. Federal powershok 170gr grouped the best (2 MOA), Hornady FTX second. It seems to prefer a heavier bullet. This lets me simply shoot centre engine room at any yardage under 200yds and I'll hit vitals. I know my land well and know distances precisely. No thinking required just aim and shoot. All my rifles are that way.

After the range I was going up to my woodlot to hunt whitetails and black bears (500 acres). I thought what the heck - I'll leave my 350 Legend Ruger Ranch in the truck. (Man I love that gun!) Well a few hours later I dropped a 250LB 10 pt at 130yds at one of my apple trees. Yeah they get big here in Canada. My emoji pic is a small one.

I have to say after all the heat Mossbergs taken about this rifle - I'd say Covid did wonders for it. Its as good as any of my old leverguns I've had over the years. Damn more accurate too.
I added a small scope today
Just a great rifle.

Last edited:
After reading so many negative reviews of the 464 Carbine and seeing the prices of beat up old model 94s and 336s skyrocket. I decided I wasn't going to buy into what I consider a bubble in gun prices. I currently have two 350 legend bolt actions which I love but needed a light levergun for my woods walking. I found a brand new walnut and blued pistol grip version online here in Canada for $700. Yes guns are expensive here. Older ones even more so.
So I ordered it fully expecting a bevy of issues outlined in many reviews. This one was built in March 2021.

I have to say it is one handsome rifle. I have cleaned it, oiled it, etc. Cycled 200-300 to loosen up the action and then last weekend I took it to the range to sight in the irons. Took me 20 minutes with the Williams sights - Very nice setup. Sighted it in for 2 inches high at 50 yds which gives me a 160yd zero. Federal powershok 170gr grouped the best (2 MOA), Hornady FTX second. It seems to prefer a heavier bullet. This lets me simply shoot centre engine room at any yardage under 200yds and I'll hit vitals. I know my land well and know distances precisely. No thinking required just aim and shoot. All my rifles are that way.

After the range I was going up to my woodlot to hunt whitetails and black bears (500 acres). I thought what the heck - I'll leave my 350 Legend Ruger Ranch in the truck. (Man I love that gun!) Well a few hours later I dropped a 250LB 10 pt at 130yds at one of my apple trees. Yeah they get big here in Canada. My emoji pic is a small one.

I have to say after all the heat Mossbergs taken about this rifle - I'd say Covid did wonders for it. Its as good as any of my old leverguns I've had over the years. Damn more accurate too.
Just a great rifle.

Very happy for you Mogul Rider. Enjoy that trouble-free rifle:thumbsup:

Just a great rifle.
Honestly, I've never had an issue with my 464 spx. The trigger, accuracy.....everything runs great on that gun.

Last edited:
The side Picatinny rails are great for a thumb rest.

PXL-20210327-023228377.jpg

Back