• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Thanks. I rearrange my house seemingly all the time. Walls come down,wiring gets moved and things get sunk into walls. Lol The tv enclosure is in the living room/ ex garage wall. It wasn’t a load bearing wall, so I poked a 4x6’ hole in it and boxed it in. I tinker with the speakers/crossovers too often to sink in, but the sub boxes protrude into the old garage and their amps are mounted out there also. The old Sony used to turn them on for me but the Onkyo doesn’t, so I ran wire to the light switch on the left to activate them. The wife doesn’t like loud music when she comes up to visit, and she really didn’t care for it when all this was in the wall between the living room and our bedroom. Lol

I've got an old Onkyo that was awesome for many years, A bit dated now with no HDMI and only a Dolby Pro Logic decoder. Still works but my wife hates the complication of using it with the various components we have so it never gets used any more

I've got an old Onkyo that was awesome for many years, A bit dated now with no HDMI and only a Dolby Pro Logic decoder. Still works but my wife hates the complication of using it with e various components we have so it never gets used any more
No hdmi on this one either, but my cable box, my main source for music, is hdmi to the tv and rca to the Onkyo. My little Sony blue ray is hdmi to the tv and rca to the Onkyo, and plays my old scratched cd’s way better than my pioneer CD player.. I really only listen to 70s and 80s music anyway, so no problem

More news..

" Several people have been injured or killed in New Orleans, after an armed man reportedly got into an argument with a gun store clerk, and was confronted by other armed customers.

The incident took place at the Jefferson Gun Outlet in Metairie, Louisiana, but details are scarce while police are investigating the scene and have yet to give a press conference. Initial reports said one person was killed, while some reports suggest up to three people could be dead. "

More snow.. and more snow :/ Temp is -9 C ( 15 F )
Gotta keep my balcony somewhat free from snow until thursday when we will get thaw ( estimated 5 C / 41 F ) :D

Safariland / Bianchi have released a new holster. Do anyone know anything about the mechanism in this holster ?

https://safariland.com/products/126gls-assent-holster

Edit: Found out it is the "GLS™ retention"

The GLS is a unique retention device in which the middle finger is used to release the firearm. With a proper shooting grip, the middle finger sits directly on the GLS lever. During the draw, the lever is depressed allowing for a smooth and easy straight up draw out of the holster. GLS holster models offer a low profile and compact design, perfect for concealability. The low cut sides allow for a rapid draw and easy re-holstering. The SafariSeven™ construction provides excellent fit in a durable, lightweight holster.

Is it a good system ?

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg Owners.

This 1980 Realistic was their first high powered Dolby stereo receiver. I don’t know what the actual power output is but the view meters go up to 200 W each channel.
0DB0915D-40D9-4008-934C-03D34577003C.jpeg

It has some heavy duty hardware but some of the capacitors are bad.

But not as bad as this computer power supply that I was trying to re-purpose.
image.jpg Look at those blown out relics.

This is my temporary shed stereo set up. There’s two more of those speakers up in the rafters.

F855F1B0-6DFF-4CD5-9D93-6AFF28950E6E.jpeg
It runs off an old computer power supply from which I have disabled the 3.3 V and 5 V circuits leaving just a 12 V output, the “power on” switch lead, and the leads for some status LEDs (not installed yet.)

Tthis PSU is bigger more powerful and more modern than the one I was going to use & fortunately this one still has good components throughout. The smaller one has taken too many voltage spikes over the years.

Also there was a period of time when electronic equipment around the world suffered from mass production of horrible Chinese “fake” capacitors.
lots of output transistors shorted & burned when these capacitors decided to get tired prematurely.

This old Sanyo Quad was my former shed stereo, but it needs some work now and it’s not worth fixing. Here I am cutting the wires off the back so I can wire up the back channel speakers to the (“120 watt” LOL) car stereo which I am using now.
image.jpg The drivers in those old Sanyo boxes were as primitive as it gets.

I replaced them with some more modern drivers and reinforced the boxes.
I lost all of my classic stereo gear and the custom speakers I built in the divorce 30 years ago. I never spent the money to replace it with similar equipment.

Right now I have a Pioneer elite 7.1, Blasting out 700 W in theory…

There are 17 speaker cabinets hooked to it, Plus a 300 W dual cone active subwoofer.

1000 watt audio (theoretically) . . . I would’ve been totally freaked out by this back in the 1970s.

BTW The subwoofer is totally unnecessary unless you want to play those earthquake movies.

I wish the elite receiver had an accessible parametric equalizer, but it just has a lot of presets and computer optimized formats.

You just flip through the buttons until you find the one that sounds the best LOL

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg Owners.

This 1980 Realistic was their first high powered Dolby stereo receiver. I don’t know what the actual power output is but the view meters go up to 200 W each channel.
View attachment 24736

It has some heavy duty hardware but some of the capacitors are bad.

But not as bad as this computer power supply that I was trying to re-purpose.
View attachment 24738 Look at those blown out relics.

This is my temporary shed stereo set up. There’s two more of those speakers up in the rafters.

View attachment 24737
It runs off an old computer power supply from which I have disabled the 3.3 V and 5 V circuits leaving just a 12 V output, the “power on” switch lead, and the leads for some status LEDs (not installed yet.)

Tthis PSU is bigger more powerful and more modern than the one I was going to use & fortunately this one still has good components throughout. The smaller one has taken too many voltage spikes over the years.

Also there was a period of time when electronic equipment around the world suffered from mass production of horrible Chinese “fake” capacitors.
lots of output transistors shorter than burned when these capacitors decided to get tired prematurely.

This old Sanyo Quad was my former shed stereo, but it needs some work now and it’s not worth fixing. Here I am cutting the wires off the back so I can wire up the back channel speakers to the (“120 watt” LOL) car stereo which I am using now.
View attachment 24739 The drivers in those old Sanyo boxes were as primitive as it gets.

I replaced them with some more modern drivers and reinforced the boxes.
I lost all of my classic stereo gear and the custom speakers I built in the divorce 30 years ago. I never spent the money to replace it with similar equipment.

Right now I have a Pioneer elite 7.1, Blasting out 700 W in theory…

There are 17 speaker cabinets hooked to it, Plus a 300 W dual cone active subwoofer.

1000 watt audio (theoretically) . . . I would’ve been totally freaked out by this back in the 1970s.

BTW The subwoofer is totally unnecessary unless you want to play those earthquake movies.

I wish the elite receiver had an accessible parametric equalizer, but it just has a lot of presets and computer optimized formats.

You just flip through the buttons until you find the one that sounds the best LOL
mixing car audio and home stuff is my preferred setup..

God morning,
worked another 10 hour day at the machine shop today with another tomorrow. Didn't sleep last night because of my anxiety so I've been awake a total of 32 hours right now.

I helped a buddy install a new CB radio in his truck yesterday, decided that I'll be getting one too once I have something to put it in. I should have enough for a Crown Vic in about 3 months. Looking at getting an 8.5' whip for it too.

Back