• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good mornin' to yall.

I think sometime later this evening, I may just drink me a horn of whiskey and give a toast to all of my friends here.

Not that I needed an excuse to have a nice swig, but it just wouldn't be proper for me to pass up the occasion. Just don't think poorly of me if I toast each one of you separately so I can drink a wee bit more.

Good morning my friends. I hope life is finding you well.

A little Irish music to go with your whiskey!

Galway Bay Lyrics:
If you ever go across the sea to Ireland, Then maybe at the closing of your day, You will sit and watch the moon rise over Claddagh, And see the sun go down on Galway Bay.

And if there's to be a life hereafter And somehow I'm sure there's going to be, I will ask my God to let me make my heaven, In that dear land across the Irish sea.

Just to hear again the ripple of the trout stream and the women in the meadows making hay, to sit beside the turf fire in the cabin and watch the barefoot gossams at their play.

For the breezes blowin' o'er the sea from Ireland are perfumed by the heather as they blow And the women in the upland diggin' tatties speak a language that the strangers do not know.

For the stangers came and tried to teach us their way. They scorned us just for bein' what we are. But they might as well go chasin' after moonbeams or light a penny candle from a star.

And if there's to be a life hereafter, And somehow I'm sure there's going to be, I will ask my God to let me make my heaven, in that dear land across the Irish sea.

Well I seem to have missed the St. Patty's day shenanigans between work and church but I did find time to sneak a pint down hehe
Listened to Irish Punk Rock for about 10 hours straight at work as I always do, yesterday was Flogging Molly, The Bollox, and The Dropkick Murphys. Granted I'm Scottish but The Real MacKenzies are kinda the only Scottish band I know of at this point.

Heading to Turner's in a minute to jump on the early morning ammo shipment, looking for 12g and something for my friend's birthday this weekend.

Good morning to all of yous. Sunny skies and 40 in my neighborhood this morning. We are going to have a right nice weekend. My youngest son and family are meeting us at the lake this evening. They are going to a rock climbing event below the dam tomorrow, then drive back to Omaha Sunday afternoon.

You all have a great weekend.

Good afternoon guys.

Well we had a lovely warm sunny morning and then it turned dark and started pouring down rain.

I was gonna lay another coat of fiberglass on the boat today but instead I have run out here to cover it up with a tarp.

But I am not going to complain, because we need the rain more than anyone needs to hear my complaints.

Good morning. Clear skies and 34 this morning at the marina. My son and family got in about 8 pm last evening. We had dinner and a good visit. This was their first time down in a little over a year. They had never met the puppy. The kids, 9 yo grandson and 4 yo granddaughter, had a blast as did the now 15 month old Bentley.

It was more fun for me though than them. Two grandkids and the dog, doesn't get any better.They will be at the rocks all day then we will have a do again tonight.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good evening guys.

The weather was really lovely today but I did get a bit breezy this afternoon. The blooms are really coming out here because of the weather.
677006D2-F348-41E7-B5CA-E42424FB08FA.jpeg

My sliding door is screwed up with a flat roller bearing & a busted screw in the frame. Of course the house has settled and it won’t come out of the frame easilyto tear it apart and repair it.

In order to get the door out of the track I’m going to have to shave the threshold a little bit; crawling around on the floor of course, which is going to be a total pain in the butt.

I’ve been trying to do some more work to improve my aquarium drainage, but it seems like every time I turn around something else comes up.

Good evening gentlemen.

Well I got my door all repaired.

62DC7FBB-367C-4969-93A7-731A37491C6A.jpeg
this door has been in the house since it was built 38 years ago.

It’s got brand new wheels and the track is all smooth and hand filed flat as possible.

Unfortunately the house has settled quite a bit and I had to trim the threshold to remove the door. I used a nail nipper, (Similar to what the Ferrier would use) and I just took the edge off like a Can Opener. Of course it was rough and I had to file and sand quite a bit.
Also the new wheels are just a tiny bit taller than the old wheels & I could not get the door back in.

Anyhow I ended nipping off a whole ‘nuther eighth of an inch from the threshold and flat filing it again. Phooie!

In the end it all came together perfectly well, and I have a very functional sliding door, where before I had a balky, sticky, worthless POS.

Back