• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning.Monday brings clouds and 54 degrees. We are supposed get a little rain, maybe a quarter of an inch, later today. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Have yourselves a great day.

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.
it’s a gorgeous day here in the San Joaquin Valley, and I’m gonna go outside and get some sun.

But first I have to climb up in the attic and lay out some rat poison because the traps are not working.

Everything is working smoothly on my aquariums but I want to improve my main system so I’m probably going to screw up the plumbing today.

Actually this shouldn’t be too difficult. I made up a new drain trap and all I have to do is unscrew a union and replace it with my new drain trap, then move the siphon & standpipe a little bit on the outdoor aquarium while the trap is off.

In the process I’ll probably do a big water change too.

I have some rather large fish now that I want to put into an outdoor pond, but that means I have to create a pond & I have not been up to that quite yet.

But my fish are growing too large, and so I have reached the point where I can no longer delay too much.

Also the weather is not quite warm enough yet and I don’t want to have to spend too much money to heat a pond in the desert.

I read a little while back that if engineers do not have problems to solve, they will create problems to solve.

I am seeing how this is my continual future.

Have a nice day guys.

Good Morning MO's!!

Found another box if Ammo at WM last night. Federal 12g 100 round pack. They had several but are imposing a limit of one. I grabbed one. I don't 'need' it but having extra ammo is a good thing.

One thing I can't seem to find is .22 cal pellets. The .177 cal is plentiful and I have amassed several thousand but the .22 are scarce and really overpriced when I do see them weird

Good evening you guys. I scrapped out an old PC today, and made a nice omelet. I was planning to put more glass on the boat,. Mostly I loafed a lot, as I was sore from yesterday's events.

I crawled thru the attic checking mouse traps (empty) and putting out poison. I also rebuilt some rustic planter my wife bought, that was put together with interior cabinet staples. It now has extra bracing and 58 new screws.

My aquarium sump plumbing went worse than expected yesterday. A 30 min job I had pre-prepped everything for took 5 hours all told.

The 1.5" union I bought was the same size, but not the same brand, & the union threads didn't fit. I had no choice but to cut up the old trap to recover half a union. Also the new drain has less than half the head pressure now & it was too slow. I optimized the conectons as much as possible, but no joy.

The main tank overfilled. It was sending water down the emergency drain, which is not cool, as that water returns unfiltered. I modified the drain, extending it well into the sump water, so it would always run at full siphon mode. This turned out to be just right. The water clears in 1/10 the time now, and through all my efforts I've added 45 gals of water to the system, and it is very quiet.

So in the end both my fish and I are much happier. Hopefully not so, for the attic rat.

Good Morning MO's!!

Last night I used a magnet to pull all the nails, bolts and staples from the ashes of the fire I had Sunday night. My plan was to spread the ash and charcoal in the garden and I wanted to do it before the rain comes in and makes it a soupy mess.

The darn thing was still smoldering two full days later with many coals still burning under the surface of the ash. After aerating it with the magnet I could see smoke wising out of the ring for a while after I finished.

I determined that dumping hot coals in the garden which is covered in dried leaves from last fall was probably a bad idea. :-D

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I’m lounging with the heating pad, in my La-Z-Boy, watching the Starlink launch replay.

I haven’t slept well for two nights because I strained my back lifting that glass door in and out of the channel against its wishes. Also I moved a 44 gallon can full of gravel, rocks & water.
051F5185-B3C4-45A3-852E-D9640DF053C2.jpeg

He didn’t wanna move either but fortunately it just had to go about 1 inch.

;)

Fortunately the new aquarium set up is working perfectly, and I think I’m gonna be very happy with the water quality and lack of frequent water changes.

Also I can see the aquarium perfectly well from my La-Z-Boy and it’s coming out quite lovely.
FA1C3F5C-3AFD-409B-B184-79071EE58636.jpeg
Lots of people will not like the plastic aquarium plants, but most of them were presents from my wife and grandchildren, so they are what they are. They are also quite functional, and right now dozens of baby guppies are camping out inside the fake plants to avoid consumption.

Felix the Consumer:
524D61F8-CE9A-4D5C-A5DD-934A67D75ED4.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning all of yous. Blue skies and 50 and a high of 64 forecast. This afternoon I get my second covid vaccination. The first was no big deal and Hopefully this won't either.

You all have a great day.

Thought for the Day

There are over 350 million guns in America and if guns were really the problem we'd all be dead by now.

Don't let the MSM dictate what you're going to hate!

Good morning to all of you. 48 and cloudy. The rain is coming to an end for us. We will get into the mid 50s later today.

Well, I got my second covid vaccination yesterday. I feel fine. Just a little soreness like any other shot I've had over the years.

You all have a great day.

I am still pretty sore this AM. I worked on the fish filters a bit more, but little else.

My wife got her first Covid shot the 14th and today she goes for her second shot. So far no changes to note.

it is calm and quiet today. All yesterday’s gusting winds are gone.

I hope you guys in the tornado belt don’t get pummeled.

I am still pretty sore this AM. I worked on the fish filters a bit more, but little else.

My wife got her first Covid shot the 14th and today she goes for her second shot. So far no changes to note.

it is calm and quiet today. All yesterday’s gusting winds are gone.

I hope you guys in the tornado belt don’t get pummeled.
Gray and wet today,but supposed to be sunnyish and warmer starting tomorrow. Getting the vaccines around here is wildly varied. Friends who live in the county north of me, (10 blocks away) scramble for appointments that are weeks out. Costco emailed me my confirmation of appointment less than 3 minutes after I texted the wife that yes,I would get one whenever..the appointment was the following afternoon..lol.

I'm glad you are doing well with the vaccination meany.

I have decided that at this time, I don't want any part of any more vaccinations.

Good Morning MO's!!

Raining hard here this morning. Been nice this week and things are starting to green up. Hooe we don't get more snow and stunt everything.

Was hoping to get up to my cabin this weekend. Reports are that the roads are still really sketchy with lots if snow drifts. Really dont want to get stuck and have to wait weeks before the snow finishes meltng or until a tow truck is willing to risk it.

Random thought...is it just me or does Alejandro Mayorkas voice sound exactly like former AG Bill Barr's? I think that every time I hear him speak

Last edited:
I had not noticed a similarity, but usually when Mayorkas comes on TV I start feeling sick.

But speaking of Barr, I wonder what has happened to Durham. I have a feeling that is all going away.

Oh, by the way, good morning.

Back