• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Trigger or Safety?

MikeA80

Copper BB
Trigger pull or safety mechanism? My father in law brought me his Model 88 because he said it hang fires( pause after pulling the trigger before firing). It feels to me like the trigger is hard to pull but also it seems like the safety does not get pushed all the way thru. Anyone else have this issue and k ow what to do?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My recommendations

1. Complete disassembly the firearm (manual available online if you don't have one)

2. Inspection of every part for wear and to see if broken

3. Through cleaning of all parts and lubrication

4. Reassemble good parts and replace worn parts

There is a video on this site on how the mechanism operates

Finally, not sure regarding age of firearm nor how many rounds have been fired. You may simply have worn out parts but an inspection should determine this.

Good luck

How does the trigger group look? Couple pins, drops out the bottom. You could probably manipulate it on the bench to see what is happening...

I 2nd tear down, clean/inspect, reassemble. When I got my Maverick I had torn it down and cleaned it, but she felt EXTREMELY tight when trying to rack the action. I was new to guns and didnt really know what was up. I went to a local shop and they let me examine one they had in stock. It was as smooth as I remember mine being. I went home and tore Miss Dixie down. I cleaned and lubed her again and then took my time putting her back together. She's been as smooth as glass ever since.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

I suggest NOT taking apart the trigger assembly.

You can take it out by removing the pins and pull it out no problem, but I don't recommend taking all the guts out of it. Some of the parts are a pain to get back together. You'll be able to troubleshoot the trigger group in its' assembled state once you pull it out of the receiver.

When you do drop the trigger assembly and trigger guard out of the receiver, look to see how part number 15 and 63 look.

The little tab on the rear of the trigger are known to break off when some people tighten the stock bolt too tightly, or put the wrong length bolt in there when they install an aftermarket stock. If the tab is broken off of the rear of the trigger, the broken piece may be rattling around inside of there causing problems.

And, the little tab wont' engage part number 15 and lift it up and at that point, the safety will no longer function properly.

mossberg-500-review.gif

I suggest NOT taking apart the trigger assembly.

You can take it out by removing the pins and pull it out no problem, but I don't recommend taking all the guts out of it. Some of the parts are a pain to get back together. You'll be able to troubleshoot the trigger group in its' assembled state once you pull it out of the receiver.

When you do drop the trigger assembly and trigger guard out of the receiver, look to see how part number 15 and 63 look.

The little tab on the rear of the trigger are known to break off when some people tighten the stock bolt too tightly, or put the wrong length bolt in there when they install an aftermarket stock. If the tab is broken off of the rear of the trigger, the broken piece may be rattling around inside of there causing problems.

And, the little tab wont' engage part number 15 and lift it up and at that point, the safety will no longer function properly.

mossberg-500-review.gif
Please dont think I meant for OG to tear down the trigger assembly. Not what i meant, if that's how it sounded.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk

It's ok. I was just putting in my 2c. I could see how it could've came across either way.

After re-reading the topic, my suggestion was altogether incorrect anyway since the 88 has a cross bolt safety, compared to the model 500 trigger/safety that I mentioned.

So, my apologies all around.

Someone please help...I need these three parts for my semi auto 930.. They go inside the trigger assembly..ABSOLUTELY NOBODY has them, and NOBODY has the whole trigger assembly either. Love this gun and I have a shoot coming up soon, and without the parts or whole assembly I'm out of it...If you have the parts or assembly, or know someone that does please let me know A.S.A.P, I'll even offer a finders fee if possible..Thank you
PS.....place I contacted already,
Mossberg, Browning, Midwest, Numrich, Ebay, and ALL my local gunsmiths....Screenshot_20201115-151356_Chrome.jpg

Is anyone having trouble accessing the OR3GUN website? I get an error message but the website checking services I used say it's up.

Thanks for looking at that. It might be my browser. Also my anti-virus prompts a warning. Firefox won't open it but Google Chrome will and so does Android OS.

Mt security settings in Firefox are not particularly aggressive but I still get this screen:

upload_2021-5-2_14-42-52.png
I don't recall ever having this issue with another website. Any ideas?

cPanel is web hosting software usually supplied by the company that hosts your URL. They may have been updating or something. Site worked for me...

Back