• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New here!

323wagz

Copper BB
Hi All!

Renfrey here. Hailing from Kansas.

I'm completely new to the airsoft community, so I have a lot of learning to accomplish from everyone here.

How I came into it?....I've always been an avid target archer, and love the whole concept of precision, accuracy, and distance. To accomplish that, is actually quite relaxing to me. While looking for a pellet riffle for distance, I stumbled across airsoft, and while the assault (M4/16 etc) style of riffles are pretty cool, and I may eventually grab one to play with, I just can't deny my admiration of snipers and all that is involved with it.

At this time i am pretty much only a target shooter, and REALLY enjoy testing and trying out different DIY mods and/or inexpensive mods to see the effects.

My gun, and my first gun......I have an ASG AW.308 bolt action rifle, with a Leapers M312RL1 scope. It is an L96 clone, but it fit my budget and requirements. I would say that it is decent quality, and has good capability with some modifications. The limited info however, is very irritating at times (part fitment guide, parts dimensions & tech. details, etc.). Reason being that getting airsoft sniper parts in Canada, at our local shops, is not so easy. Plenty are available on the internet, but it's a risk because you can never be sure if something will fit!

Upgrades thus far......tried multiple bb's and have settled with BB Devil .38g bb's. Swapped out the nylon/plastic spring guide & piston with an aluminum set (but had to come up with some hefty spacing, as it turned out to be a short stroke set). Upgraded spring. Upgraded bucking, and currently trying to upgrade the barrel to a 6.03mm tightbore (once again, going to require a fair bit of modding to get it right).

I will try to post a pic, if I get a chance.

And yes.....I do tend to ramble!

I have spent a lifetime shooting bows and guns but have never done any airsoft.

Welcome from MI!!!

Welcome to Mossbergowners from E TN!
index.php

I wonder if he has figured out this is a Mossberg forum ?I also wonder if he is in Kansas or Canada ?

Sometimes I wonder too much.

Back