• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Signing bonus in Clovis

Not to go OT too much but if the Dumpocraps "defund" local police, who will be doing the policing? FL and particularly my county of Volusia are not too bad as far as police goes--we have baby bear porridge levels of deputies. ;) Most of us don't have a problem policing ourselves, yet will jump all over the transplants calling for defunding for any number of unfounded, racist reasons. We also do not want any MORE police as that will only raise taxes and increase speed traps. We know who the newcomers are and we have our eyes on you... :D

The Tulsa Police Chief was on the news yesterday. They have a class of recruits in progress at this time. They filled 22 of 30 slots. The next class due to start next month has 10 recruits out of another 30 slots. The chief made it clear this will mean a shortage of officers on the streets.

I know a couple of retired police officers. They say no way would they do it again. I also know two or three that got out after 8-10 years. They all say it's just not worth the hassel.

Not to go OT too much but if the Dumpocraps "defund" local police, who will be doing the policing? FL and particularly my county of Volusia are not too bad as far as police goes--we have baby bear porridge levels of deputies. ;) Most of us don't have a problem policing ourselves, yet will jump all over the transplants calling for defunding for any number of unfounded, racist reasons. We also do not want any MORE police as that will only raise taxes and increase speed traps. We know who the newcomers are and we have our eyes on you... :D

Federal police force. I think that is their goal.

Ya gotta wonder how many share those same sentiments. Today's environment is very anti law enforcement. The President and Vice President are both spewing hateful and down right dangerous rhetoric. I hope I am wrong, but I see hard time ahead for Miss Liberty, hard times indeed.

did you retire, sir?

I put in my pension paperwork this week. :)

I did some law enforcement in Ohio way back when. Then I did ten years in the Regular Army (no retirement benefits for just ten yeas) then worked in the private sector for ten more years (no 401K) then got back into policing for the last ten. This time I paid in to the state retirement system so it "looks" like I will draw a small but measurable paycheck for the rest of my life.

Goodbye tension, hello pension. :)

Last edited:

I did some law enforcement in Ohio way back when. Then I did ten years in the Regular Army (no retirement benefits for just ten yeas) then worked in the private sector for ten more years (no 401K) then got back into policing for the last ten. This time I paid in to the state retirement system so it "looks" like I will draw a small but measurable paycheck for the rest of my life.

Congratulations my man!

Tulsa Police has a class of recruits in progress at this time. They filled 22 of 30 slots. The next class due to start next month has 10 recruits out of another 30 slots.

And not all of those recruits will successfully make it thru rigorous physical demands and studying and learning the law.

@nitesite congrats! I wish you and your family a very happy retirement! Seems under these circumstances law enforcement is set to lose a lot of really good men and women. Unfortunately, we all know what gets left behind and fills the vacuum.

It's a sad testament to our societies. I know of more than a few LEO's and firefighters (my fire captain bro being one) who have either retired early or are hanging on as long as possible but are just planning their escape. It's hard to believe the crap and static thrown at people who daily laid their lives on the line for everyone else. We are fast becoming a society of foolish, know-it-all, ingrates...justice will not disappear though. It will just take another less organized form, of this I am sure.

Enjoy your retirement....you've certainly earned it.

Back