• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Bladder Cancer Biopsies

I have some minor prostate problems, and have had for years, so I live in fear of this shit. I was having real problems 25 years ago and I thought I was going to go through this shit at the age of 40.

I quit drinking coffee, started getting away from the desk, more exercise, started skating again, lost weight, and that all helped.
A Lot.

But the problems have never disappeared completely.

Reading both your stories made me hopeful that I will survive without . . . Well pain, at least, until they invent a pill that cures the whole thing.
Good on you for doing what you can. There has definitely been advancements.

I heard in recent years they've come up with targeted radiation for the prostate which should preclude traditional surgery to remove it. I know one fella years ago now, who went through the surgery and said it was bloody horrible and wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy...well that scared the "crap" outta me. But this new treatment of injecting radiation "capsules or pellets" right into the prostate is far preferable to regular surgery, if I recall the pellets shrink the tumour. But as with any treatment there can be side effects.

Last edited:
Good one you for doing what you can. There has definitely been advancements.

I heard in recent years they've come up with targeted radiation for the prostate which should preclude traditional surgery to remove it. I know one fella years ago now, who went through the surgery and said it was bloody horrible and wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy...well that scared the "crap" outta me. But this new treatment of injecting radiation "capsules or pellets" right into the prostate is far preferable to regular surgery, if I recall the pellets shrink the tumour. But as with any treatment there can be side effects.
True. Side affects are possible even when using the meds they use on me. I am lucky there haven't been any adverse side affects.

I got back preliminary results last night. Not as good as I had hoped. There is suspicious cells, not definitely cancer cells, but maybe pre-cancer, coming from the left kidney. Also, I will have to get another scraping done in the prostate. There are more of the low grade cancer cells coming from the inner surface of the prostate. Not definite about the kidney. But for sure the cancer came back at the prostate and needs worked on and then some of that wash chemical I described in the earlier posts. That starts sometime around the 26th. The doc has to get more pictures from inside.

I got back preliminary results last night. Not as good as I had hoped. There is suspicious cells, not definitely cancer cells, but maybe pre-cancer, coming from the left kidney. Also, I will have to get another scraping done in the prostate. There are more of the low grade cancer cells coming from the inner surface of the prostate. Not definite about the kidney. But for sure the cancer came back at the prostate and needs worked on and then some of that wash chemical I described in the earlier posts. That starts sometime around the 26th. The doc has to get more pictures from inside.
That's rough stuff...I'll keep you in my prayers. My mom beat bladder cancer back in the 90's, I'm sure you will too! Thyroid cancer took her in 2017, it's all devilish stuff. But, we go when the Good Lord deems it so and not a minute before.

That's rough stuff...I'll keep you in my prayers. My mom beat bladder cancer back in the 90's, I'm sure you will too! Thyroid cancer took her in 2017, it's all devilish stuff. But, we go when the Good Lord deems it so and not a minute before.

Yep. That's how I see it. Lots of new and less invasive techniques these days, and some treatments are a lot easier on the person while kickin butt on the cancer. I have confidence the next battery of treatments will get rid of it.

Thanks a lot for your prayers.

Good one you for doing what you can. There has definitely been advancements.

I heard in recent years they've come up with targeted radiation for the prostate which should preclude traditional surgery to remove it. I know one fella years ago now, who went through the surgery and said it was bloody horrible and wouldn't wish it on his worst enemy...well that scared the "crap" outta me. But this new treatment of injecting radiation "capsules or pellets" right into the prostate is far preferable to regular surgery, if I recall the pellets shrink the tumor. But as with any treatment there can be side effects.

CMc, I couldn't tell from your post if you were considering treatment for prostate cancer or that was just general discussion.

None the less, I'll share my thoughts on this.

In Post #17 I shared my bladder cancer ailment and recovery story. I guess I'll go a little bit into my bout with prostate cancer. [SPOILER ALERT: I'm now PSA=0 and Doc likes my prognosis.]

In Jan 2017 PSA levels were elevated enuff to consider proper treatment.
Doc provided me with a big selection of reading about the multiple treatment approaches.
I went online and followed some interesting forums of prostate cancer patients with the whole spectrum of treatments and results.
One forum from England was really helpful with some patients detailing every aspect of their various treatments.
They ranged from the quick and successful Treat and Release [sort of describes my experience] to people posting for multiple years of their experiences [usually pretty bad].

For this quick message I'll just say that I sort of put the various available approaches into categories of:
* NO WAY!
* Sounds bad

* Can't tell, need more info
* That seems OK
* I hope that would work that well for me.
* BINGO!

The NO WAYs outnumbered the BINGOs.

I'll try to re-locate some of those sites if anybody is interested.

Anyway, your mention the injecting radiation "capsules or pellets" approach. [I had put that into the * Sounds bad pile.]

Just yesterday afternoon I first met a 74 yo gentleman who shared that he had treatment by External Beam Radiation and Radio Implants.
His take was that the EBR didn't kill the cancer but the Implants were killing him.

I am going to see him later in the week in my gym. He used to be a fitness trainer and I'm going to have him set up a program for me. He has no shyness about sharing his experience, so I'll follow up on what he has to offer...

CMc, I couldn't tell from your post if you were considering treatment for prostate cancer or that was just general discussion.

None the less, I'll share my thoughts on this.

In Post #17 I shared my bladder cancer ailment and recovery story. I guess I'll go a little bit into my bout with prostate cancer. [SPOILER ALERT: I'm now PSA=0 and Doc likes my prognosis.]

In Jan 2017 PSA levels were elevated enuff to consider proper treatment.
Doc provided me with a big selection of reading about the multiple treatment approaches.
I went online and followed some interesting forums of prostate cancer patients with the whole spectrum of treatments and results.
One forum from England was really helpful with some patients detailing every aspect of their various treatments.
They ranged from the quick and successful Treat and Release [sort of describes my experience] to people posting for multiple years of their experiences [usually pretty bad].

For this quick message I'll just say that I sort of put the various available approaches into categories of:
* NO WAY!
* Sounds bad

* Can't tell, need more info
* That seems OK
* I hope that would work that well for me.
* BINGO!

The NO WAYs outnumbered the BINGOs.

I'll try to re-locate some of those sites if anybody is interested.

Anyway, your mention the injecting radiation "capsules or pellets" approach. [I had put that into the * Sounds bad pile.]

Just yesterday afternoon I first met a 74 yo gentleman who shared that he had treatment by External Beam Radiation and Radio Implants.
His take was that the EBR didn't kill the cancer but the Implants were killing him.

I am going to see him later in the week in my gym. He used to be a fitness trainer and I'm going to have him set up a program for me. He has no shyness about sharing his experience, so I'll follow up on what he has to offer...
Thanks Scoop. No, I’m fine...at least so far. Don’t ask my wife if I’m fine, you will get a different answer for sure...:lol:

Vietnam War Vets --- please note. BLADDER CANCER added to Agent Orange presumptives.

Three Agent Orange Presumptives Added
Three conditions will be added to the list of those presumptively associated with exposure to Agent Orange.
Those conditions are bladder cancer, hypothyroidism and Parkinsonism.

Vietnam War era Veterans and their survivors, who previously filed and were denied benefits for one of these three new presumptive conditions, will have their cases automatically reviewed without the need to refile a claim.

For more see LINK--> BREAKING: VA plans expansion of benefits for disability claims for conditions related to certain toxic exposures - VAntage Point

Back