• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

I signed my retirement papers today

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
The top of the retirement application form has printed on it

"CONGRATULATIONS. YOU ARE ABOUT TO BEGIN WHAT WE HOPE WILL BE A LONG AND HAPPY RETIREMENT."

There is no longer any reward, only multiple career risk for today's officers. Everyone (it seems) wants to take away your badge or lock you up.

I always liked to tell people that it's difficult to earn your badge, but it's even harder to keep it.

The scars I carry are all I need to remind myself that this sometimes was a pretty tough job but there used to be times I wore those bloody bandages with pride.

All the pounds of gear I carried kept increasing over the years and kept getting heavier and heavier, and my knees and feet are arthritic now because of that. Try climbing out and twisting on your left knee and foot from a Dodge Charger that is about as low to the ground as a Chevy Corvette. Once is hard. Fifty or 60 times a day really sucks. While wearing 38 extra pounds of stuff.

Now nobody can take me to trial where my legal costs would take away my house and farm.

I sleep until I want to get out of bed. I have things to keep me satisfied and busy. I don't have to wear a video camera that is ON for a 12-hour shift. I bought a Chevy Silverado 4x4 as a retirement gift to myself. I am so glad it is all behind me.

I hope my brother and sisters and partners out there can leave ASAP.

Thank you for listening.

Nitesite, thank you for your service on the domestic front lines.

Tough being in either law enforcement or the military these days.

Congrats and may you have many peaceful days in the future and continue to enjoy life.

God bless!

Regards

My very good friend, congratulations.

You have worked your entire adult life protecting the nation, and serving the community, family, friends, and even complete strangers. And you have done it with integrity and honor, and we are all proud of you.

Congrats on your retirement!

I retired last year from many years in local election administration.

My wife thought it would be a hard transition for me. The first day I slept until her alarm woke me - about an hour or so later than I would usually get up with no alarm when working.

I've been busy with various projects and honey dos ever since and glad for it.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

. . . There is no longer any reward, only multiple career risk for today's officers. Everyone (it seems) wants to take away your badge or lock you up. . .

Bless you, and my Congratulations on making it through alive buddy.

Too bad it had to happen like this though.

I hope you enjoy yourself the way I do. I recall my own relief at realizing I was in a position to retire; and, from a business where the worst risks were things like eye strain and hemorrhoids.

I cannot imagine what this means to you, not going to a job that has been turned impossible by politics and greed and social madness.

Way to go Nitesite! Prayers for a long, healthy and relaxing retirement. Thank you for your service.

Yessir, I sure have!

I still get up at sunrise every morning but that doesn't mean that I may not take a nap now and then.... :)

Nitesite, I suspect shortly down the road you'll embrace my finding after I retired.

"Don't know how I ever found time to work a fulltime job"!

The days are always busy and the to do list ever so long.

Again, congrats and thank you for your public service!

Regards

Last edited:
My very good friend, congratulations.

You have worked your entire adult life protecting the nation, and serving the community, family, friends, and even complete strangers. And you have done it with integrity and honor, and we are all proud of you.

Meh, you make it sound like something important. It was my privilege and an honor to wear those uniforms.

Back