• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ticked off ...

pepi

.270 WIN
Went to my doctor 4 days ago, they are checking me for autoimmune disease. They had me do a urine sample and blood draw. I was just looking at my tests on Labcorp and I tested positive for Cannabinoid (POT) :angry:(A FORKING drug test?) I don't smoke or do Cannabis! I do take CBD oil and my doctor knows this. I used it for lower back pain and it works. Just yesterday I bought a new shotgun and did a background check ... checking I don't use Cannabis :angry: I feel like a felon :crazy: This worries me with these crazy liberal trying to destroy are 2nd

Until Marijauna is moved from Schedule 1 to Schedule 3 where it belongs, this will be an issue. I've heard that getting a MM card (I'm in FL) will raise red flags if you also have a CWP but I saw a friend coming out of a "dispensary" the other day who has a CWP and he said it wasn't an issue. So I have no info to share...

Instead of being worried about 2A rights, I would question why the doctor would have ordered a drug test. I'd be taking all of this up with your doctor. And perhaps with the mindset that maybe you need a new one.

One thing I notice these days is the detailed notes taken in dr offices. Also this includes a general conversation you might have about life in general. I am very careful what I am willing to discuss with the dr and nurses.

... I tested positive for Cannabinoid... Just yesterday I bought a new shotgun and did a background check ... checking I don't use Cannabis. I do take CBD... I feel like a felon. This worries me with these crazy liberal trying to destroy are 2nd

I searched all six pages of ATF Form 4473 Revised October 2016 and found no reference to cannabis or CBD. The only reference to marijuana was to state that the use or possession of MJ was unlawful under federal law even if it was legalized or decriminalized in the state in which you live.

So your use of CBD oil alone would not require you to check YES in the 4473 box 11.e.

-- I am not a lawyer. Following my advice without consulting an expert qualified and trained in the field may result in expensive fines or uncomfortable incarceration.

Last edited:
index.php

Yes. That is the question I was referring to.
In your original post you said, "checking I don't use Cannabis" made you feel like a felon.
Is CBD a controlled substance? If not, then it seems you are righteous.

-- I am not a doctor nor a lawyer.

California makes a lot off taxes and fees, and I think they clearly want to promote marijuana over cigarettes & alcohol.
Our county just approved some more new drug outlets, called "dispensaries."
(I don't recall them giving out marijuana at the Air Force dispensaries.)

I couldn't figure out why opioids are sold (by prescription) at Longs and Walgreens, but evidently even "prescription" type medical marijuana must have its own special drug store? WTF is the difference? They sell opium and codeine and alcohol at every drug store. But pot is more special than maybe Fentanyl?

Either this is all political, there's no real profit in it, or the banks still won't deal with pot sellers, even if they are old pharma businesses.

I don't wanna try and pass judgement on people's personal habits. It's not my job.
But this whole state just reeks from top to bottom from the dope business.

No pun intended.

I have no problem on a personal level with anything being used medicinally and properly as long as it works.

Pot got it's bad reputation 50+ years ago from hippies that hadn't had a bath in 6 days. But that doesn't mean that it doesn't have properties that help people with some serious health issues.

Exactly.
So why does California need special stores just for this?

Because they wanted a stranglehold on tax and regulation?

You can’t buy any such products at regular pharmacies.

California isn’t in the medical weed business. It’s in the non-med $$$ side of the business.

I couldn't figure out why opioids are sold (by prescription) at Longs and Walgreens, but evidently even "prescription" type medical marijuana must have its own special drug store? WTF is the difference? They sell opium and codeine and alcohol at every drug store. But pot is more special than maybe Fentanyl?

The following quote is from the DEA website LINK:

"Drug Schedules

Drugs, substances, and certain chemicals used to make drugs are classified into five (5) distinct categories or schedules depending upon the drug’s acceptable medical use and the drug’s abuse or dependency potential. The abuse rate is a determinate factor in the scheduling of the drug; for example, Schedule I drugs have a high potential for abuse and the potential to create severe psychological and/or physical dependence. As the drug schedule changes-- Schedule II, Schedule III, etc., so does the abuse potential-- Schedule V drugs represents the least potential for abuse. A Listing of drugs and their schedule are located at Controlled Substance Act (CSA) Scheduling or CSA Scheduling by Alphabetical Order. These lists describes the basic or parent chemical and do not necessarily describe the salts, isomers and salts of isomers, esters, ethers and derivatives which may also be classified as controlled substances. These lists are intended as general references and are not comprehensive listings of all controlled substances."

The five Drug Schedules are described in the link above. I wrote AG Barr and Trumpy on many occasions urging them to reclassify MJ to Schedule III to lock in the younger vote. I'm surprised Bidet hasn't done it yet but nevermind--that would be doing something CONSTRUCTIVE! (vs his MO of destruction...) :rolleyes:

PS: alphabetical list of all drugs and their scheduling is below

Attachments

• c_cs_alpha.pdf
    526.7 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I remarked to my wife a few weeks ago that since I retired, I would never again be subject to a mandatory drug screen. That meant (I was joking... sort of) now I could try the marijuana or take an opioid pill prescribed to somebody else and I would never come up hot on a drug test 'cuz I never have to take any more for work.....

LE - US ARMY - LE nearly all my damn adult life. I took a LOT of drug screens. The most frequent testing regimen was when I was attached to an Army Special Weapons (nuclear ordnance) unit.

You ain't missing nothing. Everyone I know that starts that stuff ends up messed up for life. I always told my wife that I was stupid enough without it.

I was a roadie for a wild country rock band back in the 70s and I have seen all kinds of drug use.

Everything you can imagine.

I think it’s amazing what people will do to themselves in the interest of fun. I also think it’s amazing that people will stick needles in themselves voluntarily.

We had two bass players die over heroin. One was found dead in a bathtub. He just slipped under the water and drowned. Stoned.

The other one ran a Dodge pick up truck into the back of a 40 foot semi trailer. Stoned. His family never even came for the body.

The county cremated what was left of him. They probably don’t burry indigents anymore. Not sure.

Most of those guys recovered from it all, and went on to lead normal lives. But our rhythm guitarist just vanished right after I changed the starter in his car. Never seen since. Probably drove his Maverick into the ocean. Stoned.

Went to my doctor 4 days ago, they are checking me for autoimmune disease. They had me do a urine sample and blood draw. I was just looking at my tests on Labcorp and I tested positive for Cannabinoid (POT) :angry:(A FORKING drug test?) I don't smoke or do Cannabis! I do take CBD oil and my doctor knows this. I used it for lower back pain and it works. Just yesterday I bought a new shotgun and did a background check ... checking I don't use Cannabis :angry: I feel like a felon :crazy: This worries me with these crazy liberal trying to destroy are 2nd
That's why I don't do any drug that's not over the counter, even cbd. Around hear if you have to defend yourself right to the hospital you go for a blood draw and if you have anything in your system you are in deep dodo. I have a few friends that did smoke and carried, I told them of the possible consequences and all of them stopped. And that is not the only reason I don't do drugs, they screw with your brain and you can only screw with the brain for so long before something serious happens to it. Sorry to hear that pepi.

Back