• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hell, I went and bought another new handgun today

While true, I always try to improve. And there is plenty of room for it.

I used to have this thing about hating guns that were plastic. Then I bought a few and somehow I got used to the idea. Go figure…

I’m a man, and I can change, if I have to, I guess.

Now I am thinking I might unload a couple pieces I don’t use, and fill that empty space with a Ga-lock.

I could probably sell a couple of the wife’s and she wouldn’t even notice.

Well said, Red. And if them plastic guns break you can slap on some duct tape and go.

@hombre243

I'm not sure that it is a "pleasure". :)

I was a blued steel and wood gun owner for years and years, I grew up on revolvers, and it was only somewhat recently that I bought my first GLOCK (a 10mm) which I have now sold off. With the addition of this new one I now own only two (not counting the several I have been issued).

Police work eventually exposed me to GLOCK pistols, and I have found them to be fascinating in their simplicity and reliability and even accuracy. I've spent weeks at the Smyrna, GA training center getting a variety of GLOCK factory training. Still, they will never be my first (or even second) choice in a handgun if I just want to admire it or show it off. ;)

I'm much the same as you; give me a revolver or single shot any day for getting back my fired brass!!!!!!

With the addition of this new one I now own only two (not counting the several I have been issued).

Darn it.

I went and did it again today. ;)

I have had a pretty good stash of .40S&W factory ammo in 50-rd boxes. Federal 180 HST, and Federal American Eagle 180 FMJ. And I have LOTS of brass much of it already tumbled and primed. And bullets and powder and dies. About the only thing I never got for a forty was a bullet mold but that's okay.

But I don't have a .40 in which to shoot it all. I have turned in all my issued GLOCK pistols and department magazines.

Today I brought home an unfired but technically "used" trade-in Austrian GLOCK Gen 4 .40S&W with the factory box, magazines, etc. I got it for an amazing price in mint condition. :)

Oh, and I just dug thru my reloading room and found three 15-rd G22 magazines that I bought years ago and they have been collecting dust.

I've got to stop now.....

I've got to stop now.....

I don't think MO would qualify as a "support group" if you are trying to be cured--more of an "enabler group"! :D

So which model? My brother was supposed to sell me his 23 but instead sold it to his crackhead neighbor. :mad: I too, have a plethora of .40S&W and nothing to shoot it out of... Wouldn't be the first time I've bought a gun because I already had a s-load of ammo for it. :D

Nitesite, just curious on why you sold your Glock 10mm and bought a .40?

Assume your Glock 10mm was either a model 20 or 29, but either can shoot .40 S&W.

Just curious, I've had a 20.4 since they came out and absolutely no issues.

Regards

Nitesite, just curious on why you sold your Glock 10mm and bought a .40?

Assume your Glock 10mm was either a model 20 or 29, but either can shoot .40 S&W.

Just curious, I've had a 20.4 since they came out and absolutely no issues.

Regards

Hi @Ernst .

I sold the G29 a good while ago (ten years) to help fund the on-board cash needs of an upcoming ships cruise the wife had booked for herself and her mom. Another officer on my dept really wanted it and I sold it to him. Never have missed it, even though it was the very first GLOCK purchased by me.

Ten years separated my selling the 10mm and getting this one. Bullets and dies I already have are compatible, and I have lots of brass and bullets for the forty. I already had several compatible holsters, extra mags, etc to fit the forty.

Hi @Ernst .

I sold the G29 a good while ago (ten years) to help fund the on-board cash needs of an upcoming ships cruise the wife had booked for herself and her mom. Another officer on my dept really wanted it and I sold it to him. Never have missed it, even though it was the very first GLOCK purchased by me.

Ten years separated my selling the 10mm and getting this one. Bullets and dies I already have are compatible, and I have lots of brass and bullets for the forty. I already had several compatible holsters, extra mags, etc to fit the forty.

Nitesite, certainly didn't mean to pry. Thought maybe you had trouble with it or disliked the 10mm for some reason. Know many who have issues handling a 10mm especially a full size model 20. Think you know from my posts we live with bears and cougars so daily carry is the Glock 20 and/or a 12 ga Shockwave. Both are excellent for our needs.

The only trouble I've seen with Glocks is after market parts and especially after market magazines. OEM no issues.

Glad you're enjoying retiremrnt. My best!

Regards

Thought maybe you had trouble with it or disliked the 10mm for some reason.

Heck, I really liked my G29 and had no issues with it, and I thought it was surprisingly easy to shoot despite its compact size. All it ever saw thru it was 180-gr ammo, like Gold Dots and FMJs. Weaker shooters thought it torqued too much in their hand, but even they didn't find recoil to be uncomfortable.

I’m waiting for the 3D Glock printer.
Pour in the plastic goo.
Press a button.
Come back later.

Heck, I really liked my G29 and had no issues with it, and I thought it was surprisingly easy to shoot despite its compact size. All it ever saw thru it was 180-gr ammo, like Gold Dots and FMJs. Weaker shooters thought it torqued too much in their hand, but even they didn't find recoil to be uncomfortable.

Nitesite, I totally agree with you that the problem many had, including law enforcement, was the torqueing of the 10mm in weak hands. Glock hasn't brought out a Gen 5 in 10mm yet but all the current Gen 5 offerings are sans the finger grooves on the grip. Wonder if this "improvement" will cause increased torqueing issues in calibers greater than 9mm?

Seems Glocks recent focus has been on 9mm offerings.

Time will tell!

Explain--I thought .40S&W and 10mm both headspaced on the case mouth... :confused: A 10mm gun COULD hold a .40 by the extractor and fire it but that is not a good thing for the gun or the bullet. :eek:

The 20 and 21 (.45ACP) are a larger frame than the 17. The 29 and 30 (.45ACP) "compact" are 19/23 sized but a bit fatter. I don't think a holster sized for the 9mm/.40 sized guns will properly fit a 10mm/.45ACP sized gun because of this. If you still had a holster for the 29 you might find the 27 swims in it. Mags for the 20 will fit the 29 but stick out the bottom a little bit.

Be careful using reloads because of the wide feedramp. I had a Beretta 96 (a 92 in .40) and it would blowout reloads at the case head, popping the trigger connector out from the grip, rendering the gun inoperable until fixed by removing grip and popping everything back into place.

Pic/text courtesy of Wikipedia...

40rupture.JPG

Crap.

Crap Crap Crap.

I said I have got to stop and I meant it. Seriously. I did.

But hell if I didn't just go and do it again.

Back