• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

930 Tactical First Trip to the Range

JCinOregon

Copper BB
I finally got a chance to run some 7/8 oz / 1300fps Fiocchi slugs thru it; perfect performance. I have some OR3GUN parts in it already. Recoil was not terrible, and I shot 30 rounds sitting and standing. One interesting feature- most hulls ejected about 6 feet right and 5 feet forward of the ejection port; I didn't expect that. Ejection was quite reliable in a small pile.

I'm not sure about anyone elses' 7/8 slugs, but the ones that Lee makes for their slug molds, are like a badmitton/shuttlecock, in that the weight is forward. This tends to help them remain very stable, and at long distances.

I didn't know that when I ordered the 1 oz slug mold that I have, otherwise, I would've ordered the 7/8 oz. It's not like anything downrange is going to notice the difference in a 10th of an oz difference between the two.

Most semi's seem rather mild in the recoil department due to the spring taking out some of the bite. I've owned several different makes and models over the years and they are much softer shooting the high brass stuff through them in comparison.

Back