• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

'Afternoon guys.

I finally washed my truck, so I would like it to rain now please.

It won't happen. I didn't wax it or polish the tires.

It's 103 on my porch. I'm not goin back out there just to see if it hits 104.

If the power goes out here, things would be bad. But California's power crunch was tamed a bit by all the houses burned down, schools shut down, business shut down, and people moving to Arkansas and Idaho.

Stay cool if you can.

Evening everyone. Well, yesterday and today we hit 97. Yesterday the heat index hit 108, today 109. A tad more humid today.

I hope you all had a great day.

Good Morning MO's!!!

Just applied for my DBA for my side hustle. Hoping to get the approval and ball rolling on that shortly. Trying to start a pressure washing/house washing business. Roof washing to be added by next year if everything comes together.

We'll see, i enjoy it and there seems to be a bit if demand for it so hopefully i can make it work for some extra $$.

RIP Dusty Hill of ZZ Top. One of my favorite bands. Bummed to hear he passed this week.

Good morning all. 91/102 at 11 am. Tomorrow is supposed to be 100, then a break for us. Sunday the forecast is for low to mid 80s.

Monday I am heading to Omaha. I'll be there 3 days, then drive home Friday.

MikeD, I hope the new business goes good for you.

Have a great day everyone.

"....They're sportin' short dresses, wearin' high heeled shoes.
They're smokin' Lucky Strikes and wearin' nylons too.
Yeah we're bad..."

RIP Dusty
We'll keep on playin' 'em for ya.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

. . . Trying to start a pressure washing/house business. . .

I’m trying to imagine, that if I somehow lost my current income, in other words the stock market crashes and the government cancels Social Security, what kind of business would I go into?

I was wailing on skateboarding as Olympic sport because they took the worst part of it to put on TV.

But I am not a surfer and I forgot all about the surfing problem. I stole this from Bill Maher.

“surfing -- an AP story called the new Olympic sport an indignity to Hawaiians”

As a skateboarder I have met quite a number of Hawaiians and frankly I didn’t see that much dignity. I want to see Mazie Hirono get out there on a surfboard and tell us how indignant she is as a Hawaiian.

Good morning. The temp at 8am, 66 degrees. Cooler temps (80s) than what we have had. Looks like it will be with us at least the next few days.

In about an hour I am heading to Omaha.

Have a great day and be safe.

Well today was devoted to finding a new washing machine without having to order it. Nobody has anything in stock, and delivery times on an order are silly, but I found one today at the bump and scratch sale at Lowe’s that was $425 after discount.
5A870051-EBA8-4644-8CB2-AF1DA43FB8CE.jpeg

She runs like a dream and because it already had a scratch I didn’t have to be too careful about stuffin’ it in the pick up truck.

9D1A5AE0-C0B6-4BE0-AFCE-0B1BE0CB6E86.jpeg
And that dent was made in America baby. By a careless Lowe’s employee with a handtruck.

Not only did I save over $425 but I saved the tax on that as well, which is another $33.

By the way, when I looked underneath I find this machine has the same guts as my old one, so I have loads of spare parts including the motor, belt, pulley, shifter motor and the pump. The shock absorbers went out on my old one causing the main transmission bearing to fail from shaking

Good afternoon to all of yous. The high today, in Omaha, has been 81 under hazy, smokey skies.

Today I flew for almost 2 hours. We flew from a small airport, Kscb, which is the Scribner, Nebraska airfield to kfmz, which is the Fairmont, Nebraska airfield. Both of these were built in 1942 to train Army Air Force pilots during WWII. There were eleven such airfields built in Nebraska.

Anyways, I then spent most of the afternoon with my oldest son. I plan to spend tomorrow afternoon with him as well. I am staying with my youngest son, so that takes care of itself.

You all have a great day and stay well.

By the way, when I looked underneath I find this machine has the same guts as my old one, so I have loads of spare parts including the motor, belt, pulley, shifter motor and the pump. The shock absorbers went out on my old one causing the main transmission bearing to fail from shaking

I have been keeping our "old" machine running for over a decade by replacing readily available parts. About 10 years ago it was the agitator dogs (ratchet teeth) that lock the agitator. About 5 years ago the lid switch failed so I just jumped it--yes you can open the lid and watch the spin cycle but everyone here is smart enough to not stick their hands in there... :D About a year ago it was the drive coupler for the drum--a 2-pack was $15-$20 so I have a spare for the next time which will never happen because I have a spare... :) Last week the aforementioned switch had been making a slight banging noise hitting against the inside of the cover as the machine spun so I cut off the defective switch (retaining screws had stripped out) and that got rid of that noise. When I put in the drive coupler I noted a little bit of corrosion in the drum up under the agitator. When THAT causes an issue then the washer will go to the curb. The matching dryer is getting old in the tooth but got a new drive belt about 5 years ago.

Morning Mossberg Owners.

I tore apart the old washing machine completely and I am going to save parts of it and use parts of it.

Evidently, of all the whirlpool clone washing machines of this type, the Kenmore has the worst suspension. This tracks back to some huge shipments of defective parts from China. I found out that there’s nothing wrong with the transmission. It just turned out to have a loose nut. So I probably could’ve saved this unit in one hour for under $100 in parts, but this made my wife much happier and it didn’t cost me much. I gotta cough up $232, But now I have lots of spare parts.

@meanstreak
I am trying to remember the last time that I went up in an aircraft.

I don’t remember if I ever went up again after we had that Fuel injection leak over Lake Perris. We were going to look at a glider for sale down on the Anza-Borrego.

It was after that my buddy lost his medical and the Super Decathlon got sold. ;(

Good morning to all of yous. High overcast this morning with a temp of 66 and a light wind from the south.

Today will be my last day in Omaha, then drive home tomorrow.

Have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I overstressed both of my wrists working in the garage and then I cut my thumb open on a bit of sheet metal. So I have been loafing around avoiding work the past 2 days and just messing with my aquariums.

I had major aggression problems between certain fish and I ended up moving fish around between three aquariums in a round robin fashion until I found a set up that I figured it would work.

So far this resulted in blue Leeloo being segregated from the rest of the cichlids in the patio tank.

He’s a big beauty now, over 7”, and I raised him from a fry, but he is a real meanie too.

8EFF017D-E782-42E1-828A-B855F405E36D.jpeg
It looks like today I’m just going to putter around the shop and try and clean up the big mess in my junk yard.

One thing I like about living in the desert is that when the sun goes down it cools off fast. particularly if there are no clouds.

It got up to nearly 110 yesterday but this morning it’s just 63° on the patio. It’s so dry that I have been putting 50 to 100 gallons of water a day on my five redwood trees, only one of them was looking super healthy and the other four were going brown.

You all have a nice day and enjoy the weather if you can.

Good morning to all of yous. High overcast this morning with a temp of 66 and a light wind from the south.

Today will be my last day in Omaha, then drive home tomorrow.

Have a great day.

it’s a shame that you are not able to fly back-and-forth because that is a long drive.

I think self driving cars are going to turn out much less effective than self piloting aircraft.

I mean we practically have that now when you can set the controls on a 747 and let it land itself.

As a kid I was expecting that by the year 2000 we would have small airplanes with computer brains that fly them selves.
But then I figured we’d all be over this black versus white bullshit as well.

It seems like people are desperate to keep dredging up the past and living in it instead of looking to the future and working for it.

And those computer controlled aircraft are all going to be turning up as surveillance machines.

But because these modern drones make certain noises it will be easy for artificial intelligence to detect and track them and shoot them down.

21st century wingshots…

Good Morning MO's!!

Just got notified, my workplace is back to full masking and lockdown procedures starting tomorrow for ALL employees.

More people are dieing of alzheimers than covid. There's no rationel for this to continue.

The rationale is the commie bidenski government wants everybody to quit work, and when the government employees are the only ones with money they will have taken over the whole country.

Back