• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Ammo available in your area.

Finally got some Aguila mini slugs headed to the great north wet. A little spendy but should last me forever at the rate I shoot.lol Ammo.com didn’t have the best reviews, but like most places, the low ratings came as a result of people breaking the second rule of fight club, ie never look for lower prices AFTER pushing SUBMIT..lol

Last edited:
Today I was in my local WalMart. I always go over to the sporting goods section, just to verify there is still no ammo whatsoever. It looked like it usually does (completely empty), but then I looked a little bit closer. On a shelf I spotted three boxes of Winchester AA 12 gauge #8 birdshot. Huh?! Could they actually still be getting ammunition deliveries but just are completely sold out, of literally everything, immediately?! I can't believe that. Somebody must have found those boxes buried in the back room and decided to put them out on the shelf. And yes, they were still only 20 cents a round. Take care. Tom Worthington

I happened to go to my local Walmart today as well for some bbs. Lo and behold they had some shotgun ammo as well. Last week completely out, this week maybe 15 boxes or so of different calibers and brands. Mostly bird shot, but, I had the same thought Tom. We'll see what goes down going forward.

Finally got some Aguila mini slugs headed to the great north wet. A little spendy but should last me forever at the rate I shoot.lol Ammo.com didn’t have the best reviews, but like most places, the low ratings came as a result of people breaking the second rule of fight club, ie never look for lower prices AFTER pushing SUBMIT..lol
Lol might be a little longer wait.. my mini slugs made it from Knoxville to Nashville in 5 days,lol

Mini slugs got set on the porch this morning. As many reviews noted, loose ammo rolling around in the box, unlike the mini buckshot in the size correct,ie,tight, shipping box from MidwayUSA. Oh well,at least they were all in there.. with the Opsol in there, only the first shot will be big boy double OO from NSI, and the barrage tube alternating slugs and mini buck the rest of the way..yahoo..68452D72-3D5C-4376-BC23-4A6FB15923CF.jpeg1A399146-EA14-4CB5-A480-7D38E1D3E673.jpeg

Seems most shotgun and rifle ammo has reappeared on the shelves near me. One lgs near me said that prices on the next shipment of handgun ammo will be lower due to more availability. I see 22lr at Dunhams $12 for 50 rounds. Not so good.

CCI had their CCI Standard 22lr for sale a few days ago for $5/50 plus shipping.

I bought some of the CCI quiet a while back and it was around $65 for 500 including shipping.

Not great.

Not as terrible as I have seen either.

Today, a box of 9, a box of 5.56, a box of 7.62x39, a box of .243, and 3 boxes of .30-.30. Still a bit pricey but at least available.

I witnessed this in Academy a week ago... Prices were high and my cash reserves were low. ;) Plenty of .223/5.56 but a little more than I wanted to spend per round--I think I figured .65/rd for the bulk boxes of green tip and about the same for 20rd boxes of 55gr. I see some Remmy shells but don't know if they are new stock or what...

acadammo.jpg

It also appears folks aren't buying as much now. Hopefully prices start coming down soon.

While I agree, gun sales have not slowed down much. Plenty of brand new, first time, gun owners...which is great news. But all those new guns need lots of new ammunition. This could continue quite awhile longer. It is gonna be tough to figure out where the new normal will level out. Hope to heck I'm not gonna have to pay the current prices another year from now. Take care. Tom Worthington

Back in the last ammo shortage, .22 lr was selling for $10-$15 for 50 rounds here, when you could find it.

Last trip to the local Rod&Gun showed nothing but a few boxes of odd calibers, a few pounds of powder, but lots of wads and steel shot.

My last trip to Walmart showed NO firearms and no ammo. Air guns and arrows only.

l haven’t been ammo shopping for a while, but I might actually try today.

Back