• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month (August 2021) (Vaccine)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
Would you quit a job if ownership said you must get the covid vaccine shots to remain employed?

Last edited by a moderator:
Would you quit a job if ownership said you must get the covid vaccine shots to remain employed?

Flashback fantasy:

Date: Early June 1965
Scene: Ft. Knox KY, US Army Basic Training Facility, Medical Intake

images

Character 1: Draftee PVT E1, about 21 years old dressed in socks, cotton, olive drab and drawers, cotton, white.
Character 2: Med Corps CPL E4

CPL: [Holding vaccine injection gun, first of 6] STEP FORWARD!

PVT: What's that?

CPL: IT'S A VACCINE, PRIVATE!

PVT: I'd prefer not to be vaccinated.

CPL: Oh. Sorry. I didn't know. Step over to that desk and they'll get you started on your discharge.

I'm getting older and its getting harder and harder for me to find work in my field that does not require me to drastically affect my quality if life.

Not willing to lose my house, insurance and cars over this. If I was younger and was not responsible for other people I would probably feel differently.

Don't interpret this as agreeing with the idea, just weighing the cost benefit of each at this stage of my life for me personally.

If you got the vaccine you should not care if anyone else got it.

If you are scared mask up or stay at home.

IMHO the 'pandemic' ended as soon as the vaccine was widely available. Its up to individuals determine their own risk factor.

Having been on worldwide deployment while in the military I certainly had my share of shots to cover a myriad of diseases. However, this Covid-19 jab is not a "vaccine" yet medically approved by any country but simply gene therapy for which no one knows the long term effects nor the effectiveness against variants.

If you're truly "vaccinated" why to you need to wear a mask?

If you're vaccinated why would you now, within months, need a booster shot?

If it's as effective as the government says, why are fully vaccinated folks now getting Covid at an increasing rate?

If this is a true vaccine why has no one from the manufacture, to the government, to your doctor accepted liability for its side effects?

Being retired and working only for myself (and my wife boss) the decision for me is easy. However, this should be a personal decision not a government mandate nor a local requirement to eat in a restraunt or go to a concert.

2021 Logic: For the first time in the history of mankind we can transmit a disease we didn't have to those who are immunized against it.

My wife got the two vaccines where she works (a public school) because it was strongly insisted upon for teachers to get it. I don't know if it was mandatory. If it was, she was going to get in line and get it regardless.

So far, being retired now, I have no employer who would mandate anything to me, like getting a vaccine. I never even got an annual flu shot for twenty years or so and still don't. And guess what? I have never ever had the flu in decades.

I am not yet "comfortable" with taking RNA-modifying injections that are not proven long-term. I remain, at 63, to be incredibly healthy and disease-free. I've lost 47-pounds since May. I get outside more and work in fresh air, and other than age I am not in a single risk category. No obesity, no high BP, no heart or respiratory problems, low risk of dying from it even if I contract it (which I probably already have with only mild symptoms.)

I never even got an annual flu shot for twenty years or so and still don't. And guess what? I have never ever had the flu in decades.

Likewise... :) During the physical ("wellness exam") the doc will ask if I want the flu shot and I will decline.

I DID get a vaccine booster combo shot the last physical--seems I was about 10 years overdue... :D If it didn't kill me when I was younger I figured it would be OK now. ;) The kids HAD to have up to date vaccine shots to get into (and stay enrolled) public school.

And like others have said, the CV shot is NOT a vaccine but an "untested" mutant gene therapy. It has made many people sick from the side effects, some for a few days, some fatally... Liability falls on no one.

I had a tetanus booster 5 or 6 years back, but other than that and some dentistry, I haven’t had any needles in 10 years.

I can walk to the local Walmart which is less than 1 mile from me and get the Covid shot any day of the week.I have been tempted to do this many times but each time I have resisted because I just haven’t felt right about the whole business from the beginning.

I had a tetanus booster 5 or 6 years back, but other than that and some dentistry, I haven’t had any needles in 10 years.

I can walk to the local Walmart which is less than 1 mile from me and get the Covid shot any day of the week.I have been tempted to do this many times but each time I have resisted because I just haven’t felt right about the whole business from the beginning.

Interesting. :)

Remember when Trump said he would control drugs? Then Nancy P said “millions will die!” on TV, And now they say that millions are dying.

because of Trump

I don't have an employer so I can't answer. I think MikeD brings up very valid points. It is an individual decision that depends on ones situation.

I wonder how long before checkpoints are set up to check for vaccine records when we are traveling between states ?

My granddaughter told me that going from Idaho to California was no issue. Going back they made her quarantine at home 14 days.

Her job required it. They didn’t care about vaccine as much as California.

Personally, I'm in a great position right now. My employer values me much more than I value them. If this mandate were to come to pass, I firmly believe they would work harder at keeping me than I would to stay. "Oh well. Thank you for the experience here. Best of luck in the future. Should I leave now or should I wait some specific period of time?" Take care. Tom Worthington

I deal with a fabrication company that makes custom electrical panels among other metal items. I order various parts from them because they have a fancy, expensive stamping/bending machine and the part received is far better and more consistent than I could produce with my limited equipment. A part that costs $5 (x100) would take me at LEAST 10 minutes to make and that time is better spent elsewhere. ;)

Anyhow, the engineer/saleman I deal with is a good ol' boy and worked his way up from fabricator so he is a (mostly) like-minded craftsman. He lives nearby and volunteers to drop my parts off as it gets him out of the office a little bit earlier. I've toured their shop and was very impressed--probably 50 people working there on lathes, mills, welders, etc. He usually hangs around for 5-10 minutes to BS and I was curious what the company policy was for vaxing and masking. The policy is if you are vaxed, you need not mask in the shop. If you do neither, there is the door (his words). He and his family of 4 were vaxed and all had apparently got the CV but symptoms were no worse than a minor cold and quickly passed. While initially confrontational over my position, he soon realized the bad parts of lockdown affecting me specifically the eviction moratorium. He also was able to commiserate regarding wood and aluminum pricing--they are only quoting for the one day as the price of metals fluctuates higher every day.

Back