• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good morning Mossberg Owners.
There is a cloud of smog today.

12EEC555-D644-44EA-B7F9-8DA5E318C1B5.jpeg Everything is very hazy.

The air here has been rather smoky from fires blowing up north and so I have not been particularly anxious to spend a lot of time breathing it. The air in my house gets filtered and also the garage since it is connected to the air conditioning. I just have to keep the doors down.

Meanie, you must have been reading my mind. When you wrote that I was on my Ninja [11am EDT] just pulling up to top off w/ $3+ gas.
It was a great ride and cured all my health complaints for an hour.

I challenge the rest of the Hooligans that are on the board and the rest of you riders to get out and take the cure!

The five dollar gas isn’t what stopping me, Scoop.

My bike needs work and it’s too smoggy to ride here.

Since my wife is no longer interested in motorcycle touring, I will probably sell the Nomad And buy a much lighter more expensive bike. It was really a great bike for commuting because it looks like a big police bike & people would often just get the hell out of my way.

But it looks like my needs have changed in that department.

Good morning everyone. This morning's weather is identical to yesterday. Clear, 75, light breeze. We are also headed for 100 again.

My guess is the news today will be a repeat of yesterday. Mostly a downer, lol.

You all ha ve a great day.

My new wheel bearings came in for the Tacoma and so I’m going to change them this afternoon, but this morning I have to go to the dentist, so for now all you get is a fish pic.

93DC6290-CE0F-4D20-A6B0-9ADA0922B585.jpeg

Good morning. We are back at the lake and it's another warm sunny morning.

I hope today goes better for the country than yesterday. My prayers go out to the U.S. Military and all U.S. personnel trying to get out of Afghanistan.

It is a very brutal ending (?) to a very old story in Afghanistan. But this new Taliban rule is going to be on display. Their atrocities are going to be publicized.

As for our surrogate president’s atrocities, they have been, but people don’t seem to be paying attention.

Anyhow I got out and started changing the wheel bearing hubs on my Tacoma today, and after driving with just one new hub I can tell the difference is going to be fabulous.

Here’s the new hub versus the rusty old hub, still on the truck.
EA9CFE6B-86F3-4F86-8D80-2DA95EB2C5B3.jpeg
This truck has 50,000 miles and in the old days the wheel bearings would’ve been greased four times by now. With the sealed hub units you just change them every 35,000 miles.

Anyhow the smog has let up the smoke is light, and it’s a beautiful sunny shirt sleeve California Friday.

I couldn’t be happier about the weather right now. Well except for the drought.

Tearing my car all apart in the driveway is as hard as I can tempt the rain gods right now without actually buffing it out and waxing it.

But with just one new wheel bearing hub it drives so much better that I know I’m going to be tempted to polish the thing up now.

I’m really just polishing my surrogate ego here. . .

You guys have a nice day.

Well I got the other hub in and the truck is back together, and I guess I’m going to have to wash and wax it because there’s not a cloud in sight.

Good morning . Sunny and 75, again. The high today should only be about 90 or 91. A bit cooler than the past 4 days. Hopefully we get some rain this weekend as well. Things are getting pretty dry.

Ya'll have a great day.

I went and got my vaccination yesterday and I am recovering from the aftereffects today. If you haven’t been vaccinated you have to have someone else do your business at the DMV.

Anyhow I had a choice of vaccines and I took the same one as my wife, because it didn’t kill her and she is a weakling. That probably means it’s worthless but I am having an appropriate immune response.

I wasn’t sure whether to laugh or cry about this. They will never replace Alex Trebek.

Good morning all. 11:30 am and 91 already but, that is supposed to be the high today. A bit of a break. Hopefully we'll have some rain showers as well.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning. I hope everyone had a good weekend. Louisiana took a beating yesterday, keep them in your thoughts and prayers.

We are starting the new week as we left the past week, hot and needing rain. We had a sprinkle yesterday for less than five minutes then it dissipated. Hopefully we will have some rain in the next day or so.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good Morning.
Weatherspeakingwise we will be ok here in E TN.
We will start having rain from ex-hurricane Ida about 4pm that will peak in intensity on Tuesday. Then taper off to normal Wednesday afternoon. Winds not expected to be above about 35 and rainfall totals about 2-5 inches.
By Thursday we'll be back to normal.

index.php
<-- I am here.

upload_2021-8-30_13-54-26.jpeg

Good morning Mossberg owners.

Well I finally found out why I have been having such a problem making an appointment at the DMV. They are only making appointments for two different things and mine is not one of them.

So 3.5 hours and $1486 later, I am officially an applicant.

I still need the vin inspected, but there were zero legal hassles so far & it doesn’t appear there will be. I just need to drag the car in and have the numbers checked.

I have put off the welding until the title was mine, and now it will be.

Good Morning.
Weatherspeakingwise we will be ok here in E TN.
We will start having rain from ex-hurricane Ida about 4pm that will peak in intensity on Tuesday. Then taper off to normal Wednesday afternoon. Winds not expected to be above about 35 and rainfall totals about 2-5 inches.
By Thursday we'll be back to normal.

index.php
<-- I am here.

View attachment 25702

We have seen a number of windy videos. I was surprised New Orleans wasn’t completely drowned.

No hint of rain out here & probably not til Oct.

Good morning Mossberg owners.

The weather has been different this year. It is always hot in August, but this year the mornings have been somewhat cooler, with hot temps coming on later in the day than normal.

Our county just had the largest Covid spike yet, but I haven’t heard of new restrictions. It appears that the county fair will still happen this October.

I hope it doesn’t get canceled this year.

You all stay safe and try not to get canceled.

Belated good morning wishes. High 90s again today. Pretty typical this time of the year for this part of the country. Personally I like it. A little rain once in a while helps too.

I hope and pray for all affected by Ida. It's a terrible disaster.

The rest of yous have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg friends. Another day of high 90s, but tonight we might have a shower, hopefully.

We are back at the lake for the Labor Day weekend. Man, where did this summer get to ? We don't really have any special plans, just hang out and visit with folks.

I hope you all have a great day.

Back