• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from West Michigan

trooper joe

Copper BB
Just joined the forum but I am no stranger to Mossberg. Have had a pump .410, beautiful wood stock for years. Bought a 20 gauge, youth model 510 last fall and have yet to shoot it. Already added the stock spacer but it is still way too short. I just ordered a Hogue overmolded 14” stock that should be real nice. If it is too long, I will order the 12” stock.

A former LEO just sold a 590A1, wood stock, barrel length mag tube on one of the forums yesterday (I was too late responding to his post.) This got me thinking about finishing my .20 gauge project.

Never liked to practice with the twelve gauge when I was a Trooper. However, it was the gun of choice for a patrol long gun.

At my age, the .20 gauge will be plenty of shotgun.

Lot of good information on this forum and I know I will enjoy it.

Trooper Joe

Welcome to the forum. Many great folks here with decades of experience and knowledge across many different brands.

Regards

Welcome to the forum.

As for the diferences between 20 and 12 gauge, is maybe only a few pellets difference with the smaller payload 20 gauge (depending on what size shot you're using). Other than that, they're pretty near equal every other way except less recoil.

When you have 8 double ought pellets moving at 1250 fps, those pellets don't know the difference whether they were fired out of a 12 gauge or a 20. And whatever is downrange isn't going to be concerned with which it was fired from either.

Welcome fellow Michigander!!

Joe, Welcome to Mossberg Owners from E TN!
index.php

Back