• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

MC1 vs MC2

Troyite

Copper BB
Love my MC1sc. Now at the Shot Show Mossberg announced the MC2.
I would like this groups thoughts on this new model
Thanks

I purchased the MC 1SC during the summer and I really like this little pistol. I think it’s sharp as hell, and it’s so solidly built. Really enjoying the trigger as well. Had the MC2 and dry fired it in my hands. I love the Flat profile on these pistols. Very comfortable in the hand. Curious if they have any plans on making an MC3 with perhaps a 4 1/2 inch barrel anytime soon? How have these pistol sold….anyone know? Thanks!

There are very few folks that discuss them, so I'm hesitant to believe that they're being sold in really high numbers unfortunately.

There are very few folks that discuss them, so I'm hesitant to believe that they're being sold in really high numbers unfortunately.

It would be nice if any members could update/give a range report if they have one. :)

I am not in the market for another carry gun so I haven't really shopped them or held one in my hands. One generally doesn't think "Mossberg" when shopping for a pistol. I would want to compare next to some other mfgs and also next to a 1911 Officer's Model... ;)

Everywhere I look online the Mosburg MC2 seems to be sold out. I’m not quite sure if that should be considered as a positive sign or not. But every review that I read on the pistol has been good to very good. I think it’s very unique looking and also very sharp. Curious if there’s anyway to find out how many units a company sells of a particular model of pistol.

Everywhere I look online the Mosburg MC2 seems to be sold out. I’m not quite sure if that should be considered as a positive sign or not. But every review that I read on the pistol has been good to very good. I think it’s very unique looking and also very sharp. Curious if there’s anyway to find out how many units a company sells of a particular model of pistol.
not a popular handgun overall. it feels good, etc. but dependability has been a nightmare with mine. it is now a play range toy. i would never trust this hangun for protection. i will stick w/mossy shotguns but not this handgun. i think the striker assembly is an achilles heel, just my opinion.

not a popular handgun overall. it feels good, etc. but dependability has been a nightmare with mine. it is now a play range toy. i would never trust this hangun for protection. i will stick w/mossy shotguns but not this handgun. i think the striker assembly is an achilles heel, just my opinion.
You really should elaborate on why you say "dependability has been a nightmare"...How so? Me personally, I think the gun, (the sc I bought) is very well built. I did however have 2 issues early on. 2 failure to feeds the first time I took it to the range when placing a full mag in and releasing the locked slide by the slide release lever. I then polished the barrel feed ramp. Later, I bought and installed the 3 trigger spring kit by Mcarbo. The only issue I had after that was, with the gun unloaded, when I pulled the trigger to the wall and released my finger from the trigger,it stayed there and didn't move back. After doing this a few times, I pulled the trigger shoe without touching the safety blade, (which you could barely see because it was almost retracted), and the trigger would fire. Not good or safe. Did this a couple of times. I then oiled the connector and trigger bar again, and with the slide off, I worked the trigger and trigger bar numerous times. It now works like a champ with no issues!

Back