• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shockwave Raptor F1 Kit FDE

I installed this Shockwave Raptor F1 kit today. After my first range trip, I decided I needed some type of heat shield while reloading. I also wanted to go with the FDE color. I cycled the action a bunch of times after the install and everything seems to work as it should.

a11bd81d7d258c80e2f33ae5bf78349e.jpg

I like the look of the FDE furniture. Does the grip have a better (grippier) texture than the stock grip? I've noticed that my grip gets a bit slippery when I'm sweating.

I like the look of the FDE furniture. Does the grip have a better (grippier) texture than the stock grip? I've noticed that my grip gets a bit slippery when I'm sweating.
It's the same exact grip as the factory one, just in FDE. The forend ribs seem to do a pretty good job at keeping your hand in place.

Well, I have to report that the top cover / heat shield broke off after about 5 shots on it's first range trip. I contacted shockwave technologies and they're sending a replacement but they also tried to argue it was the fault of my top pic rail to which I told them I cycled the action like 300 times before going to the range and had no problems prior to my actual range trip.

Razzle, if you wrap it with grip tape you'll have no problem with slippage. Tennis racket and hockey stick tape.

Regards

Back