• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question Of The Month (October 2021)(How many Mossbergs)

carbinemike

Global Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
"Philanthropist"
How many Mossbergs do you own and if more than one which is your favorite?

I’m not sure since that tragic boat accident. I haven’t had a chance to take inventory. I was so upset when the propeller exploded and everything went in the water.
6F071AE4-A9EB-48F1-9EF4-F842722E25B5.jpeg
I’m sure I still have the lever action 30-30 carbine, and the model 500 door breacher in 12 gauge.

The 12 gauge is definitely my favorite.

Still can count my Mossberg children on one hand but one tends to be a problem child and is always running away and getting lost in the woods. But my youngest, a Shockwave, gets the most use riding daily on the tractor or in the jeep. She (is that still a correct pronoun) stands proud and ready to say hello to Mr. Bear!

Don't leave home without your Mossberg!

Regards

How many Mossbergs do you own and if more than one which is your favorite?

upload_2021-10-3_1-15-13.jpeg

One. A 12ga M500A modified with Knoxx Sidewinder kit for 10-round drums or 6-round box mags.
I used to use it for 3-gun competition. Started out with a drum and could speed load w/ boxes if I need more.

[That is NOT me in the picture.]

I think I'm up to 5 now.

The 935 is my fav of late. Its a turkey killing beast!! My 930 is a close second for the same reason.

Only 2 at the moment, both MVP rifles, one in .308, one in .223.

I used to have a Mossy 500, (24'' true cyl), but I sold that when i gave up shotgunning...

Until this year, only 1. But as you guys would imagine, it has been carried a lot. I always considered my 500 to be my workhorse gun.

Crap. I was buying really good pistols a LOT lately. But yesterday I bought my second Mossberg shotgun; a Maverick 88 Security with the 7+1 capacity. For $204 plus tax I can use it on my 4-wheeler or keep in my truck and not give a shit about it coming up damaged or stolen. I coated the barrel and magazine tube with RIG and I might swab the bore with some CLP, and then it becomes a beater.

So answering the poll: I now own TWO (2)

Just added my 3rd Mossberg, and 2nd 930, with a JM 24"

Plan to build it out for 3gun open division with all the goodies and return my SPX to its tactical roots over the winter. Hopefully I can find some shells before the next match season too!

Haven't been on here for a while but I guess I'll chime in. I own one, it's a newer 500 Field model I've had since high school. It was the first gun I ever bought, I chose a shotgun for versatility on a tight budget and it was well worth the money.

IMG_20210206_123103.jpg

I agree with @nitesite, this is a great poll. Talking politics is good and all but with the crowd on here it really kinda feels like preaching to the choir after a while.

I’m up to 7 now. 2x Maverick 88s field models for wife and kid duck hunting/ 2x traditional 500s (one is crown pigeon grade)/1x 500 Turkey thug/ 1x 930 Waterfowl/ 1x Shockwave

I’ve become obsessed with collecting Mossbergs. I have a weird attachment to them now.

Just getting here. I am up to three..... a Model 44US(c), an ATR100 in 243 Winchester and the MVP Scout. I may be picking up a Patriot Predator in 450 Bushmaster, not a given just yet.

Back