• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Two Pounds - Ten Ounces

Might not survive a drop test? IDK. I like a light trig pull myself but under 3lbs is more target shootingish...

Asking for a friend. His revolver (a S&W) has a pretty decent trigger but is under three pounds in SA cocked mode.

I shoot all my revolvers in DA mode if at all possible and always do inside of 25-30 yards. His revolver is no different from most, other than the trigger in single-action mode is very light. He was shooting with me and making every shot by first cocking the hammer, which I tried to discourage. He asked "WHY?" and I told him if he was going to carry it when out and about that he should only shoot it double action in a defensive situation.

Well, I have carried heavier.

My earlier reply of carrying it in a shoulder holster was my attempt at humor. I understand you were talking about trigger weight.

There are many who would frown upon going too light in fear of discharges relating to nerves and fatigue and such. I cannot say that I would inherently disagree.

But I wouldn't automatically dismiss the use of one either if the person carrying it knows that upfront and going into it. But, I personally prefer a bit heavier pull.

Is that, in your opinion, TOO light for CCW if it breaks like glass?

depends. I think 3.5 pounds is about as low as I’d go. I had a gun with a light trigger after I changed out the sear and a round went off before I wanted it to more than once. So I put a heavy trigger spring in her and it solved that problem.

Back