• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hi - just joined

2ATexas

.22LR
Hi I just joined. I'm from North Texas and found this forum when looking for Mossberg resources. Is there anyway to change your name and/or add a nickname? I'm used to, from other forums, being able to separate your name from your nickname.

I've never changed a username before, but I could try. What do you want your screen name to be?

Try it now.

You may have to log out and log back in.

Welcome to the forum. Lots of good info here and folks willing to help. Great search engine if you're looking for specifics.

Regards

Thanks Ernst. I have a 510 mini (20ga) and an 88 (12ga). Just trying to learn about them, etc… I took them trap and skeet shooting this weekend, first time used. So getting familiar with them. Was surprised the kick on the 510 was similar to the 88, but I see posts saying the 510 has strong kick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ATexas, like your handle! I grew up on a cattle ranch in central Texas but live much further north these day with my elk, cougars and bears. But still a true Texan.

I've always thought there was a misconception about the "kick" of shotguns whether they were 10, 12, 16, 20 or 410. To me the real determining factor is the shotshell. Especially if your running 3 inch, high brass shells. So yes, a 410 can kick like a mule depending on the load whereas a 12 ga with low brass, reduced recoil shells is a pussy cat.

Again welcome!

Regards

2ATexas, like your handle! I grew up on a cattle ranch in central Texas but live much further north these day with my elk, cougars and bears. But still a true Texan.

I've always thought there was a misconception about the "kick" of shotguns whether they were 10, 12, 16, 20 or 410. To me the real determining factor is the shotshell. Especially if your running 3 inch, high brass shells. So yes, a 410 can kick like a mule depending on the load whereas a 12 ga with low brass, reduced recoil shells is a pussy cat.

Again welcome!

Regards
Thanks was shooting 2 3/4 shells, 7 1/2, 7/8 oz. per the range requirements. So not that hefty of a shell. I’m looking into getting a limbsaver. Hopefully that will do the trick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2ATexas, those limbsaver slip on recoil pads are great and depending on your two gun stocks can possibly be interchanged between guns. They do increase your LOP.

The other obvious issue in determining recoil is the weight of the firearm itself. A heavier gun will absorb recoil forces much better than a lightweight one.

But after you've fired a few hundred rounds it will be unnoticeable.

Regards

Welcome to Mossbergowners from E TN!
index.php

Welcome from MI!!

Back