• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 395kb

Just picked this 395 up. Cracked right through the stock. I split the stock in two pieces and currently gluing back together. Thinking about drilling dowel through for extra strength. Any opinions if a thin layer of fibreglass and resin would be helpful for strength or is that over kill? Any suggestions on a scope for it as well?
b638e6fbc391ca172ece7e988e98fb6b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just picked this 395 up. Cracked right through the stock. I split the stock in two pieces and currently gluing back together. Thinking about drilling dowel through for extra strength. Any opinions if a thin layer of fibreglass and resin would be helpful for strength or is that over kill? Any suggestions on a scope for it as well?
b638e6fbc391ca172ece7e988e98fb6b.jpg

4ac63993a3816c25c1adb1baa0073e4c.jpg

I would not go with the dowels. The best results I have had is with 2P-10 glue. Sets quickly and is the strongest join I have used. As for the fiberglass - I had a Model 200 12 ga someone did that to and it was ugly. Finally sold it as a parts gun. Just a note: I did have a 395 and sold it to make safe space. Nothing wrong with it but I had other Mossberg shotguns.

I would not go with the dowels. The best results I have had is with 2P-10 glue. Sets quickly and is the strongest join I have used. As for the fiberglass - I had a Model 200 12 ga someone did that to and it was ugly. Finally sold it as a parts gun. Just a note: I did have a 395 and sold it to make safe space. Nothing wrong with it but I had other Mossberg shotguns.
Yes I figured that. Currently clamped and taped with glue. Should be able to start refinishing it tomorrow
4e17930f7ad822b95008ad8ab45adfd0.jpg

Back