• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Good Morning, Mossies.
Thanksgiving is over. Mine went well. Hope yours did too.
I've got 4 days left in this month to get my first motorcycle ride in for the month. As soon as gets above 60 degrees I'll shove off for a few miles.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

Yesterday I was hoping to finish the wiring on my car and start it up for the first time in 18 months.

Instead, I ran into a little error and that set me back, so I did not get finished.

It was more of an omission than an error. I was trying to test the turn signals but I haven’t grounded the dash gauges properly, and they were getting backfeed power from the dash indicator lamps.

That causes the gauges to behave funny, and when I read the descriptions in the instruction manual I knew what I had done.

So now everything works except I don’t have the horn button, wiper switch, and two more wires to the headlight switch. Then I will be finished with the wiring for now.

With just a little bit of luck I will complete this today, Put some gasoline in the tank, and try to start the car.

I will not try to drive it yet because it still doesn’t have any rear body mounts.

You all have a nice day and good luck to you hunters who are trying to fill out your tags.

... Ordered more goodies to my new setup..
a forward sling mount..
I can tell you that, with shipping.. its twice that price over here :(

Use your imagination, sir. You can get it paid for thru your national health plan.

fposter,small,wall_texture,product,750x1000.jpg

I got almost all of the wiring complete on the Volkswagen yesterday. It needs a little switch panel and some switches are just hanging.

The engine turns over smoothly.

I did not start the engine but I did spin it over. I didn’t want to put gas in the tank and discover a leak at bedtime. I need more heat shrink and a lightbulb to finish, So I am off to the store again.

You all have a nice day.

Good day my American friends

Ordered more goodies to my new setup.. a forward sling mount..

Link: https://magpul.com/forward-sling-mount-mossberg-590a1.html

I can tell you that, with shipping.. its twice that price over here :(

This right here is why I love paracord. (bad pic)

Screenshot_20211128-145015.jpg

But on another note I did manage to get a few rounds of trap in over the holiday. Spent the week up in Kern county like I usually do, we have a membership to the gun club by Lake Isabella. Only shot about 1 1/2 boxes but it was good to get some practice in. That's me on the gun, my brother on the left.

20211125_151239.jpg

Also found out AOR2 is actually a pretty good brush camo, I'll probably end up using it more often.

This right here is why I love paracord. (bad pic)

View attachment 26289

But on another note I did manage to get a few rounds of trap in over the holiday. Spent the week up in Kern county like I usually do, we have a membership to the gun club by Lake Isabella. Only shot about 1 1/2 boxes but it was good to get some practice in. That's me on the gun, my brother on the left.

View attachment 26290

Also found out AOR2 is actually a pretty good brush camo, I'll probably end up using it more often.
I envy your weather :) its -12C ( 10 F) and a lot of snow here...

I have tried the paracord solution at the front.. but i wasn't 100% comfy with it

Good Morning MO's!!!

Winter is here in MI. Drive to my cabin in upper MI last weekend. Just a one day turn and burn trip to grap a few things and winterize.

In the few weeks since I was last there the red squirrels have managed to gnaw 3 new holes in the outsite and managed to put a few in the ceiling. Cant see that they did anything in the cabin but given more time they would. Its a constant battle with them, they are very destructive. Patched the holes with some alum I had. Managed to kill one that was dumb enough to sit on a branch and bark at me while I was working. Mental note 38+p is a bit too much for such a small animal. :sniper:

The trip home was bad, it snowed so most of my 320 miles back home was a white knuckle crawl rarely hittng more than 45-50 mph.

Made for a long day but got everything done that I needed too. Made sure my invertor batteries were fully charged, and everything else is squared away for the long winter. I wont be back unti March/April

We're a ways from the plowed roads so once the snow flies access is limited to tracked vehicles. We get a lot of lake effect snow from Lake Superior.

That sounds damn cold!

The wiring is getting closer . . .

Starter switch, horn switch, & hi beam switch still need a wire each, but my new loom is nearly complete. I cranked the engine again but didn’t start it. The gas in my can was old and stinky. I will get some fresh gas first.

Everything got soldered and heat shrink.

EF0FD1F6-5407-46F4-A57C-E0AABBD73400.jpeg

6310296E-609B-476A-939B-BB5F8804BCBF.jpeg

Yippie! Today the SS replicar started and ran, but I did not drive it. I just poured some gas in the carburetor and ran it a little bit in the garage. It revved up and it idled down ok. Nice!

All the wiring is complete but there are 3 terminals I did not solder yet. Just crimped. Also there is no switch panel and I have four switches just hanging loose under the dash.

I only have one seat in the car and there's no doors yet. But it’s coming together fast now.

I got my neighbors friends Eyballing my car in the garage today.
438FFA23-76EB-4027-9D37-A151ADC895A2.jpeg

Last edited:
Good morning Mossberg Owners. It is beautiful warm and sunny here in central California today.

I put some gasoline in the gas tank of the SS and it is not leaking anymore (!) but I have not tried to start the engine again. I did get the fuse panel screwed down on the firewall and I cleaned up the wiring a little more.

I still need to loom it up under the dash and get a switch panel together. I still need to install the passenger seat and the doors.

There are still no rear body mounts.

My garage was so filthy that I could not lay on the floor to put all the seat bolts in. I spent a few hours cleaning it all today out so I could work on the floor & park my Camry in the garage.

Then I plugged the battery charger on it and sat down for a rest. I’m gonna take it easy for the rest of today. I am feeling a little funky and overworked.

Good morning Mossberg Owners. It is chilly and sunny here in central California today. Should warm up fast.

I am still fussing with wiring. I made a little switch panel that hides under the instruments, so it’s not visible. The loom is still messy there, so no pix yet.

I have lots of chores to catch up on today. I may go buy a new fuel pump too. I think mine is weak and needs testing.

One of my regular habits is I watch a show called Matt’s Offroad Recovery.

Today they are rescuing a stranded Polaris out on the drying mud flats of Lake Powell. They are constantly pulling people out of the sand, the mud, out of ravines & up the side of a mountain. This has become my favorite show about the only thing that I watch regularly.

I bring this up because I was kind of freaked out when I heard they were going to destroy the dam at Lake Powell and drain the reservoir. It looks like due to the drought it is practically empty now.

The civil engineers of America prepared a plan for this huge southwest drought back in the 1950s but they could never get enough politicians to go along with it. Their plan was to have a series of hydroelectric dams, reservoirs, and siphons to bring water all the way down from Alaska. I think this involved building two dozen new hydroelectric dams, so that would’ve been a lot of electric power generated by diverting HUGE Alaskan waters.
I think in the future we are going to be relying on water created by desalinating the ocean, and that’s going to require a lot of electric power, which I think can only now be provided by nuclear energy.

Well you see the predicament that presents in California!

Right now, all of the tiny farm towns, full of Mexican immigrants out in the San Joaquin Valley, are losing their water supplies one by one as they dry up or become too polluted.

There hasn’t been too much screaming about this because the California government really wants to get rid of agriculture in the state. Once all those Republican farmers are bankrupt, they can buy up the land cheap and hire those Mexicans to grow crops for pennies.

Unfortunately they forgot about the part where there won’t be any water!

Bringing in water from Alaska would have been a big project, lol most of their rivers, like those in Washington, flow east and west. The Yukon is their biggest river, but hundreds of miles of it flows through Canada. The ocean is still your best bet, I think.

The civil engineers of America prepared a plan for this huge southwest drought back in the 1950s but they could never get enough politicians to go along with it. Their plan was to have a series of hydroelectric dams, reservoirs, and siphons to bring water all the way down from Alaska.

I always wondered why we couldn't pump water from flooded areas (for example) to drought-stricken ones. Pumps can be powered hydro-electrically. We can build fuel pipelines that are 1000s of miles long, why not water?

Back