• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Speedfeed and left handed shooter

WoundedDog

Copper BB
Hey guys, I'm hoping for some advice from other left handed people regarding the speedfeed stock. I have a 590A1 incoming that has this stock and I'm thinking it's not going to work very well for me. I know I'm getting ahead of myself here when I could answer my own question once it arrives but I'd like to know what others think of this stock in general.
I'm leaning towards replacing it with a Hogue 12" since for a good part of the year I'm wearing bulky clothing.
I don't know what LOP the speedfeed is either.

WoundedDog,

First off, I’m not a lefty. I have a speed feed stock on my 590A1 and I’m not that impressed with it. By itself it seems to be prone to dropping rounds under “aggressive” use. I cover the speed feed stock with a elastic 5 round shell holder on the butt stock to give me extra rounds and to keep the feed stock shells from accidentally falling out. My thinking is that I would use the 5 rounds out of the elastic shell holder first then scrap it and go to the speed feed rounds. The 590A1 is a heavy beast of a shot gun. I have the 8 round mag tube version. When it is loaded up 8 plus 5 plus 4 various shell configurations it’s like carrying a 4 foot 4x4 around!

I love the Hogue fore-end on my 590A1. If I ever decide to scrap the speed feed stock I would replace it with the Hogue stock.

Hope this helps!6E4B6045-C7ED-4204-8F60-88AA2B9AC7BE.jpeg

Thanks for the info. I should have mentioned that it's the 14" with the ghost ring rear.
My main concern with the speedfeed is that my cheek would be on the stock cutout for the shells that's high up on the stock for a LH shooter.

Either Canadian or paying the NFA fees? Not bad -

I would just run the Hogue 12" LOP if I were you - it really is the perfect stock for the $ for actual tactical use - Magpul SGA is great but not needed by most -

Either Canadian or paying the NFA fees? Not bad -

I would just run the Hogue 12" LOP if I were you - it really is the perfect stock for the $ for actual tactical use - Magpul SGA is great but not needed by most -

Hi. I have the 12" Hogue on it right now. I really like it now that I've learned to keep my thumb in line with the safety rather than over the grip which resulted in thumb up the nose syndrome.
And yes, I'm in Canada.

One of the few times you could say lucky to be a Canadian! We have an 8+ month wait for factory "short barrel" SG's here - You can make one out of a Shockwave with a Form 1 and have a shorter wait but its still such a stupid hassle here

And I'm glad you have remarked what I have been saying for years to people when training -

Thumb in line with safety gives such a better grip profile and more comfortable and controlled shoot than wrapping hand around the grip completely like you are squeezing a banana, no thumb in nose as you said

Back