• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anyone believe that dogs DO dream???

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
We have had three Labrador Retriever dogs and every one of them would get into REM sleep and their feet would move in their sleep like they were chasing bunnies or birds.

I really believe that dogs dream, similar to how people do.

And they would always make quiet woof in their sleep and of course they always snored.

Absolutely. I have to assume that when their legs kick and they give out a little whimper at the same time, they are the one being chased. Take care. Tom Worthington

Set up a video cam and record yourself when YOU sleep. You'll find that your paws move and that you woof and whimper as well... :D

1. Yes. I do believe dogs dream.
2. I would guess that most mammals dream. [I even think my parakeets dreamt.]
3. It would be impossible to prove that dogs don't dream.
4. When dogs see humans kicking around in their sleep, they don't think we are dreaming.

Although I'm sure parakeets dream, they are birds and have no tits, therefore are not "mammals"... :D

Yes. That was exactly the point I was trying to make... that dreaming could happen to animals outside of mammalia.
I wouldn't be surprised if animals like the octopus could dream. They have been show to be able to solve mechanical problems.

I understand how my poorly worded statement may have caused confusion.

Back