• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Shortening the LOP of a Magpul SGA stock - Genius!

ricky_bobby

.270 WIN
In case this wasn't posted here previously -

I have an SGA stock on my 590 (18" barrel with +1 extension, 8 shot), and my Beretta 1301 Tac -

I love them and run the shortest with no spacers, but the pad is squishy and bulky, and still leaves the LOP longer than the 12" Hogue stock -

Magpul PN is #225-0243 and is the buttpad for the X22 and Hunter stocks - I have 2 on the way and will post pics when they arrive

"How to make the Magpul SGA shorter!" - Youtube

Last edited:
I wonder how hard it would be to just make a wooden butt pad?

Quick question, with the pad removed, is there a large hollow space? If so, that would make a killer place to store extra necessities. Like a cigarette lighter and firestarter. Extra ammo. Twinkies.

Unfortunately its pretty solid in there - you unscrew the pad and then the black 'backing plate' for the buttpad is there which comes out (and that is what you can place "spacers" onto which come with the SGA stock, to make the LOP longer, each is 1/4" or so I think)

I know what you are talking about though, on Magpul's pistol grips for AR's there is a hollow bottom so guys usually put batteries, bottle of CLP, spare bolt, etc in there -

Back