• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Forends

Also, I noticed that the forend for the 930 with the slug barrel is more like the JM Pro and not the SPX.... Shorter with a beveled edge

Well I am Extremely disappointed with Mossberg! I ordered a JM Pro forend from customer service on OCT 5th and was quoted a price of $36.45. Even saw the money come out of my bank account... Was told that it could take up to 14 business days to ship.
Now I look at my account and the amount has JUMPED to $61.95 and another for $0.01 and it took the FULL 14 business days to ship!
Just because it can does not mean that you have to take the full 14 days!
Plus I call customer service and get the girl who originally took my order and asked her about the price that I was originally quoted and I get... Sir I don't know why the system said $36.45 but it corrected itself after the charge would not go through on your account.
I saw it go through! Then 2 days later it disappeared! Don't tell me it didn't go through! YOU QUOTED IT TO ME ON THE PHONE AND I WROTE IT DOWN!
I am beyond Livid with this type of service!

Well I am Extremely disappointed with Mossberg! I ordered a JM Pro forend from customer service on OCT 5th and was quoted a price of $36.45. Even saw the money come out of my bank account... Was told that it could take up to 14 business days to ship.
Now I look at my account and the amount has JUMPED to $61.95 and another for $0.01 and it took the FULL 14 business days to ship!
Just because it can does not mean that you have to take the full 14 days!
Plus I call customer service and get the girl who originally took my order and asked her about the price that I was originally quoted and I get... Sir I don't know why the system said $36.45 but it corrected itself after the charge would not go through on your account.
I saw it go through! Then 2 days later it disappeared! Don't tell me it didn't go through! YOU QUOTED IT TO ME ON THE PHONE AND I WROTE IT DOWN!
I am beyond Livid with this type of service!

That doesn't sound right for a JM Pro forend, unless you have the Kryptek Typhon version? The hydrodipped forends are quite a bit more expensive than the regular polymer version.

-William

No... Plain Black JM pro version... Without a unified parts catalog there is no way for me to tell if I am being ripped off.

You should try again to talk to someone else at Mossberg CS. That $60+ was what I was originally quoted on a camouflage version of a forearm. It should be under $30 for the black JM Pro version once you get your hands on the correct part number. I will dig through packing slips to see if I can find the correct part number for you. I will say that with the help of Mossberg CS, I have ordered a standard field style and got the JM Pro, while having ordered a JM Pro and received the field style in the past. I will also note that our 935 Grand Slam Turkey came from the factory with a Mossy Oak camouflaged version of the JM Pro forearm, so it is possible they are having issues keeping them straight in-house.

-William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

I've found a packing slip from Dec 2014 with the following:

Item# 16773 Forearm Synthetic M930/935 for $29.50, which I believe is the standard, not JM Pro version. I'll keep looking.

-William

http://www.OR3GUN.com

Excellent write-up and detail. It helped me greatly. I made one slight change when I installed my rail. I used the Dremmel to round out the rail itself and I didn't grind on the forearm at all. It worked very nicely with a flush tight fit.
Here is a pic of my finished rail job, Thanks to your write-up for giving me the direction!

FullSizeRender%201_zpsj4wkfvpt.jpg

FullSizeRender_zps1jnlgv6g.jpg

MagPul Picatinny rail mod on 930SPX

Ok this is a step by step...

Step 1:
Clear Shotgun make sure its empty!!!

Step 2:
Unscrew the magazine extension. Make sure you dont pop the spring out because its going to shoot out.

Step 3:
Take the forend out ...

Forend
by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Step 4:
Locate where you generally want the Picatinny rail.

Project StopLite
by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Step 5:
Give the Picatinny rail a nice flat surface to sit on. Take the forend and get your self a dremel and set it @ the lowest speed (mine was set @ 5000rpms) and took a circular sander. And ran a strip down to match the lenght of the picatinny rail. And double check after every pass. Make sure you dont grind down too far. Nice and Slow... and check after the flatness by placing the picatinny on the forend.

Project StopLite
by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Step 6:
When you finally have a nice flat surface for the picatinny rail. Place it on the top of the forend and mark the holes with a marker...

Project stoplite prt 4
by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Step 6:
Started with a 1/8drill and check bolt clearance. And the thread the bolt to check clearance. Mine required I moved up to a 9/64" drill bit. It was still really tight and I slowly worked the bolt in the hole. So it was tight but I thread it in to make my own thread for the bolt.

Drilled
by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Step 7:
I thread the bolt all the way in and check clearance. Unscrew the bolt half way out and hold the flat nut while re-screwing the bolt back in...

From the inside
by rippspeed1, on Flickr

Step 8:
Tighten everything down and your done ... end product should look like this...

Magpul installed by rippspeed1, on Flickr

I know that this thread has been inactive for a while but I want to get peoples take on the Bobcat Forend vs. Aimpro. I want to see what people prefer fit & finish wise

Chadie I agree the 930 is a popular gun and with Remington having issues they are even more popular. Mlok forend would be awesome. I just put a turkey barrel on my Sox for turkey season.

Make your own.
After seeing the Aridus 1301 kit, I didn't see why I couldn't do something similar. This is my early effort- needs some refinishing, but it's my "proof of concept."
includes: Mesa Tactical pistol grip, Choat extension, Or3gun spacer tube.

Attachments

• 20211214_065906.jpg
    20211214_065906.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 33
I'll be perfectly honest, that looks awesome.

I could see myself falling in love with that.

Is that one of magpuls AK forends?

Well done indeed.

It is the Zhukov forend (AK) by Magpul - Aridus makes great parts - and thus is why I have the Zhukov forend and Magpul SGA stock on my Beretta 1301T, thanks to them -

How did you adapt the forend to your 930? I would love to see your process!!! Also are the rear M-Lok slots toward the receiver accessible to mount a rail, or does the the operating assembly underneath interfere?

Last edited:
Back