• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

So she is ready to pick up - just wish I was not heading out on a plane right now... JM Pro 930 - stripped, polished the receiver on the inside and cleaned up the chamber (both were a little rough from the factory) as well as the loading port. Two tone cerakote - smoothed over the forend and stock to remove the seal from the moulding, dry ceramic micro-slicked all internals, trigger/mech, mag tube in and out, follower etc. Or3gun teflon coated marine spacer tube and forearm retainer and finally a Trijicon Trijidot sight.. Big shout out to Matt over at OC Custom Coatings: 714-202-7552 cell: 714-469-3998

View attachment 7685

View attachment 7686
Dig that color combo

M88vC9o.jpg

Here’s my 930 Waterfowl series. It’s a great shooter and is pinpoint accurate (as much as a shotgun can be). Used it for one duck season and realized I prefer my 500. So it sits in my safe looking purdy.

Attachments

• 1DAA3C93-444C-40F9-912C-B5EE97F3F28C.jpeg
    1DAA3C93-444C-40F9-912C-B5EE97F3F28C.jpeg
    279.8 KB · Views: 18
This is my 930 security 7+1
Added the Or3gun Comp package, barrel sling clamp, an Allan shotshell holder and GG&G oversized charging handle.
I have the OEM picatinny rail and LPA rear ghost sight but still looking for an SPX barrel to complete my build.
20210808_085050.jpg

NEW TO THE FORUM. NOT SURE HOW TO POST A NEW MESSAGE>>>>> But..................

I purchased my Mossberg 930 SPX about a year ago but because of the pandemic I have not shot it until recently.

Everything functioned well including low brass and high brass shells. But what I noticed after shooting it a couple times is that the trigger assembly when in the receiver seems to have some play from side to side (left to right) but not front to back.

Can anybody tell me if this is normal or is it something that I have to contact Mossberg about and have it fixed?

Thnx

I just checked my newest M930 and it has some play East and West but not North and South. Nothing I would be concerned with.
For what it’s worth I checked one of my M500 pumps and no play either direction.

Last edited:
But what I noticed after shooting it a couple times is that the trigger assembly when in the receiver seems to have some play from side to side (left to right) but not front to back.
Can anybody tell me if this is normal or is it something that I have to contact Mossberg about and have it fixed?

Thnx

'Normal' - don't believe it affects functionality but you can stabilize it if desired - infolink (and lots of other good info for your new shotgun on those pages)

Last edited:
After seeing the Aridus 1301 kit, I didn't see why I couldn't do something similar. This is my early effort- needs some refinishing, but it's my "proof of concept."
includes: Mesa Tactical pistol grip, Choat extension, Or3gun spacer tube.

Attachments

• 20211214_065906.jpg
    20211214_065906.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 16
I think I am finally done messing with my 930 SPX. LPA night sights, OR3GUN Multi-use Combo components, S&H Hardware safety and mag tube extension, Mesa Tactical Urbino stock and shell carriers, Side Armor shell carrier on the forend, Choate extended bolt handle, GG&G Bolt release, Streamlight Protac WML, Nordic Components mag clamp. It puts 8 pellets of Hornady 00 Buck into about 8 inches @ 15 yards and 3 Federal Tru-Ball slugs into 4 inches @ 50. I want a red dot on it as I have seen the value of those as I age, but everything I have tried is absolute co-witness and the red dot does not line up with the irons. In fact, when I look through the rear peep, the red dot falls between the front sight post and the right wing on it, blocking most of the target. If I try to look over the top of the rear peep, the dot falls right in line with the upper part of the peep. I plan to try one with a higher mount to get a lower 1/3 co-witness and see how that works.
Mossberg 930 SPX LS.jpg Mossberg 930 SPX RS.jpg

Last edited:
True to form, I just can't stop tinkering. After converting my M500 deer gun over to an HD gun, I liked how lightweight it was. So, I ripped into my 930SPX to lose some weight. I ditched the Urbino with attached shell carrier and lost the weight of that and 4 rounds right then. Then I added a Holosun 515BU red dot on a QD riser. The red dot is now above the irons and I like that better as well. Much lighter now and feels better too. I added a Nordic sling QD to the mag tube clamp and a Grovtec QD to the stock for a sling.
Mossberg 930 SPX RS Current Configuration.jpg

Last edited:
True to form, I just can't stop tinkering

I also am a 'tweaker' and my SPX has gone through several iterations. I like where you're going on that setup, please post some info/pics of the Grovtec sling setup when installed, I've been debating between a QD or fulltime loop sling setup on mine.

Back