• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

a Shockwave belt holster

No experience with the holster you ask about but several Shockwave owners, including myself, who carry their weapons frequently prefer to use a scabbard with a shoulder strap. A scabbard is flexible enough to allow the Shockwave to be carried in several positions including on your back when working with your hands. The scabbard also allows the gun to be attached to the back of a vehicle / atv seat or on a backpack.

The holster your looking at looks ok. However, it doesn't appear to accommodate a side saddle shell holder which most Shockwave users favor.

Good luck and if you buy it let us know how it works out.

Regards

I've carried short barrel shotguns a lot. I guess it would depend on your intended use but honestly that looks awkward to me. It would likely annoy the heck out of me.

I think Ernst had some good advice above. Cheaper to experiment with a scabbard or a sling anyway and if you really don't like those options you could give the holster a try.

Why is he showing in his video that he is carrying the shotgun with the bolt open and no shell in the loading gate? Then he re-holsters it with a closed bolt but still no chambered shell? i don't get it.

Every time I see the subject of a "holster" for the Shockwave pop up, I can't help but think of the Mare's Leg holster Steve McQueen wore in "Wanted: Dead or Alive" TV series in the late-50s/early-60s. MeTV channel still shows episodes Saturday afternoons where you can see the holster clearly in the opening video. Although a pump has a different presentation of arms than a lever-action, I can see a similar holster "working" only change the cartridge from 45-70(?) to 12ga/20ga. :)

PS: an avid racer, that is McQueen's Jaguar XKSS. He is probably tinkering with it between takes. More info can be found on the car searching "Jay Leno's Garage". The actual RHD XKSS still lives in the Peterson Automotive Museum. Leno has tested it along with more recently, a LHD "tribute" car built by a company in TX.

steve-m-1.jpg

mareslegholster1.jpg

Last edited:
Another thought for your consideration.

Given the short length of the Shockwave and rear sling mounting location a single point sling, IMO, is a liability. If you're walking, running, working or bending over the Shockwave has a tendency to beat you to death plus the weapon is positioned perfectly to impact some tender body parts. The only way to secure it from bouncing is to hold it with one hand which defeats the purpose of the sling.

Using a two point sling you can securely reposition the weapon on your back or tightly to your chest.

Wonder if our OP disappeared?

Regards

Back