• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

SA-20 Recoil

stvs

Copper BB
I have ordered a SA-20, All Purpose Field. I intend to use it for hunting squirrel and dove and for informal clays shooting.

I read a number of favorable reviews before ordering it but had not discovered this forum. After reading the various threads here I see for the first time that it may not cycle with light loads. I had intended to use light loads because I am coming off a partially detached retina and have healed enough to shoot again, but I need to be careful.

I would like to know how you folks feel about the felt recoil with this gun. I know recoil is a result of many factors, including fit, weight and loads but some shotguns are known for soft recoil. So, how would you guys who own them rate the SA-20 for soft shooting, or not so soft shooting?

Recoil is not bad--no need to use 3" loads to get it to cycle... ;) With a long barrel, it will help keep gas in to cycle the action better. My Thug with 22" barrel/skeet choke has cycled anything I've put in it.

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

Back