• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg 930 Autoloader Photo Gallery

Will do. I installed a couple on fixed AR stocks before and they were easy to do. I am a huge fan of QD slings so I can set it up to wear the weapon across my chest.
I wish Magpul would make a SGA stock and M-Lok forend for it, but now that the the 940 Tactical is out, it will probably get all the love.
Edit: Here is the installed QD mount. Easy install with a drill, pilot hole, and a step drill bit. I set it a little above centerline of the stock to clear the recoil spring tube area.
Mossberg 930 Grovtec stock QD mount.jpg

Last edited:
True to form, I just can't stop tinkering. After converting my M500 deer gun over to an HD gun, I liked how lightweight it was. So, I ripped into my 930SPX to lose some weight. I ditched the Urbino with attached shell carrier and lost the weight of that and 4 rounds right then. Then I added a Holosun 515BU red dot on a QD riser. The red dot is now above the irons and I like that better as well. Much lighter now and feels better too. I added a Nordic sling QD to the mag tube clamp and a Grovtec QD to the stock for a sling.
View attachment 27009
interested in the shell carrier, is it an ASGARD Defense, if so how did you mount it the website only says it is proprietary mount. Really like the Grovtec QD.....it is the: Hollow Stock Push Button Base - GTHM198? I also have the Nordic QD on front barrel clamp and have been looking for ideas for rear QD.... I went with the Vortex Venom on a Monstrum Shrapnel riser to permit use of the irons if optic fails.... how do you like the holosun?

4.jpg

Last edited:
interested in the shell carrier, is it an ASGARD Defense, if so how did you mount it the website only says it is proprietary mount. Really like the Grovtec QD.....it is the: Hollow Stock Push Button Base - GTHM198? I also have the Nordic QD on front barrel clamp and have been looking for ideas for rear QD.... I went with the Vortex Venom on a Monstrum Shrapnel riser to permit use of the irons if optic fails.... how do you like the holosun?
Mine is the original Side Armor design, which is now the Mark Precision design. It is mounted to a magpul pic rail section. I have an AimPro quad rail for it as well and that is what it was mounted to. That thing is a chunk though, so it went by the wayside. Stock sling QD is the Grovtech. I like the Holosun for the circle dot reticle. It is on a QD base so if it fails, I will just pop it off and go back to work.
When I had the Mesa Urbino stock with the 4 round shell holder, Mesa Aluminum 6 round shell holder and the quad rail installed, the shotgun weighed a metric f-ton. It looked cool though, but holy crap it was heavy.

Mine is the original Side Armor design, which is now the Mark Precision design. It is mounted to a magpul pic rail section. I have an AimPro quad rail for it as well and that is what it was mounted to. That thing is a chunk though, so it went by the wayside. Stock sling QD is the Grovtech. I like the Holosun for the circle dot reticle. It is on a QD base so if it fails, I will just pop it off and go back to work.
When I had the Mesa Urbino stock with the 4 round shell holder, Mesa Aluminum 6 round shell holder and the quad rail installed, the shotgun weighed a metric f-ton. It looked cool though, but holy crap it was heavy.
it looked as though it was flush mounted ... machine screws to mount the the magpul rail? thanks for the info!

Just the hardware that came with the piece of rail.
it appears your forend is of a different style than mine as well, yours has an angle to the rear where mine is more vertical..... could I trouble you for a photo without the shell holder in place showing the rail section? I am looking at the inside of my forend and where the hardware will be seems it would interfere with the cycling of the gas system

I will get you a pic when I get a chance. It's just the standard MOE rail secton, but I cant remember if I had to modify the forend or just shorten the screws, or nothing.

Back