• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

Thought for the Day

Age means that you finally realize you can have as much fun by staying home, as you can by going to certain places and doing the stupid things that people do there.

Regards

Good morning everyone of yous. 89 yesterday and again today. 10 day forecast, 80s and more 80s. It looks as though might have turned the corner.

I was thinking the same thing about Cadds garage, lol. Maybe a retirement business in the making. That would not be a bad gig.

Ya'll have a great day.

Good morning MOers. Another hot, windy, humid day for us. I would be happy if this stays with us through September.

Have a great day and be safe.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

@meanstreak

My best friend from high school left Omaha and moved to Oklahoma. Now instead of telling me about the terrible snow in the winter he’s telling me about the heavy rains and tornado warnings.

The grass is always greener, huh?

They bought a brand new house down there and it doesn’t have a storm cellar. He lived in tornado country and he moves to worse tornado country. But I haven’t been through either of those places since I was a small child and so I have no basis to report anything.

Yesterday I got some more welding done for a friend of mine and cleaned up my shed. Somewhat.

I now I have more room to work on everything and everything needs more work so this should work out. As long as I keep working out. I’ve moved a lot of steel in the past couple days and today I’m going to move it all onto a new steel rack that I haven’t built yet. More workout.

On the other hand I’m holding my weight steady below 175 pounds and I’m feeling pretty good.

I put the mongoose bike up on the new park bike stand yesterday. I cleaned it up and I took a heat gun and stripped off the badge & all the stupid looking decals that said “mongoose”. Then I adjusted the brakes and gave it a tuneup.

I don’t like derailleur bikes very well and frankly this bike has a cheap Shimano derailleur made in Singapore.

You can tell when you look at it closely that the manufacturers were only considering cost. They wouldn’t spend the extra money to make each rivet the correct length.

Today I will ride the bike a little bit because the weather is very nice but slightly breezy. I was hoping to go fishing today but the wind is too much.

I need to do a little more cleaning up and move that steel and then I will go back to work on the Nomad. I promised myself that before I start cutting up bicycles & welding them I will fix the clutch on the Nomad.

@meanstreak

My best friend from high school left Omaha and moved to Oklahoma. Now instead of telling me about the terrible snow in the winter he’s telling me about the heavy rains and tornado warnings.

The grass is always greener, huh?

They bought a brand new house down there and it doesn’t have a storm cellar. He lived in tornado country and he moves to worse tornado country. But I haven’t been through either of those places since I was a small child and so I have no basis to report anything.

Yesterday I got some more welding done for a friend of mine and cleaned up my shed. Somewhat.

I now I have more room to work on everything and everything needs more work so this should work out. As long as I keep working out. I’ve moved a lot of steel in the past couple days and today I’m going to move it all onto a new steel rack that I haven’t built yet. More workout.

On the other hand I’m holding my weight steady below 175 pounds and I’m feeling pretty good.

I put the mongoose bike up on the new park bike stand yesterday. I cleaned it up and I took a heat gun and stripped off the badge & all the stupid looking decals that said “mongoose”. Then I adjusted the brakes and gave it a tuneup.

I don’t like derailleur bikes very well and frankly this bike has a cheap Shimano derailleur made in Singapore.

You can tell when you look at it closely that the manufacturers were only considering cost. They wouldn’t spend the extra money to make each rivet the correct length.

Today I will ride the bike a little bit because the weather is very nice but slightly breezy. I was hoping to go fishing today but the wind is too much.

I need to do a little more cleaning up and move that steel and then I will go back to work on the Nomad. I promised myself that before I start cutting up bicycles & welding them I will fix the clutch on the Nomad.
It’s been cold, wet and windy up here so far…did my first Medicare annual well check this morning, so far so good . Lol I had the grand dog over all weekend while the daughters family went to a wedding. Because of the weather, we didn’t play outside as much as usual, but we did hit up harbor freight and got a half dozen of their cheap dolly’s, cut them apart and built some bigger frames, so I could move all my stuff around the garage without having to pick everything up over and over when I want to sneak in a few shots on the indoor range or just sweep the dang floor. 00E59B5B-61A8-42C8-9F25-C7EFBA02F29E.jpeg

Good Morning Mossberg Owners.

Yesterday I bought some more bike tools and another new bicycle for $75 just for parts. I actually bought the whole bicycle just to get the front wheel tire and tube.

It has aluminum wheels!

It had a minor defect and I got it new for half price. The whole bike for less than the cost of a single bare STEEL wheel at the bike shop. The cassette and the shifter are better than the one on the mongoose and I will probably be swapping them.

I’m working on a steel rack and trying to clean up my work areas some more so I can be efficient instead of stumbling over stuff.

My daughter just sold a house in Fresno that she bought six years ago and she got 2 1/2 times what she originally paid for it, $30k more than her asking price, in cash. Two days after open house started. Fresno California has the hottest real estate market I’ve ever seen in 45 years here.

It got cold and windy last night and it is still the same this morning. The sun is shining though and so it looks like it will be a nice enough day to work outside. I’m going to clean aquariums and water my redwoods work on my steel rack so I can put all my steel up off my welding table and actually weld on it.

Have a nice day Mossbergers!

Good morning guys. The long days finally caught up with me and I conked out early last night.

I sorted thru my pile of junk and came up with this: a jig to weld bike frames.

Any welding you see was factory made. This is all just clamps and magnets so far.
110D31C5-6CDE-40AA-8B19-6A644EFFFEEB.jpeg

My youngest daughter turned 40 and she bought her second house this year.

My eldest daughter just sold a house in Fresno that she bought six years ago and she got 2 1/2 times what she originally paid for it, in cash. Two days after open house started. Fresno California has the hottest real estate market I’ve ever seen in 45 years here.

It has been nice and sunny here in the day, but breezy and cool at night. It will be hot here soon. I hear of some nasty rains back East.

You all keep yer head cool and yer feet dry!

Good morning. Third day in a row of 90 and windy. This is much better than a week ago.

Have a great day and be safe .

I took my wife out riding this morning but first I put the seat all the way down on the mongoose and let Judy take it around the cul-de-sac.
D49B222D-CBBC-4AD4-91AC-0A0C1FDDF2C3.jpeg

She managed to get around one time.
4937BC82-B50A-48D2-85EC-46EBBE7AFB54.jpeg

It is twice the weight of her bike and lots of rolling resistance with those big tires.

Ahhh…..the serene face of accomplishment…
36629804-25D6-493C-8601-80CA3D4D34B2.jpeg

Then, Judy gets the goose at the end of her short ride, as this is not a girls bike and somewhat more difficult to dismount.
5594D8D7-4883-482C-BE76-2BEECB238C8E.jpeg

Anyhow we switched bikes and I took her around the neighborhood. Since this is about twice the weight of my other bike she was more easily able to almost keep up with me most of the time today.

Well not really, but I don’t want to drag her too hard because she’s still got that damaged knee.

Guys, have a nice day, and please do your best to stay undamaged.

I picked up my new sprocket and crankset from the bike shop yesterday and I also got a 20 inch front tire to replace the Huffy knobby.

I have the front wheel and new tire mounted, and I like them ok. The rear tire will need to get shaved or replaced.
059D4391-219A-4E20-9841-D0F0DBB11B2E.jpeg
Those knobby tires are unbelievably noisy.

“Biggs & Littles”
C08B5E4C-5B1B-463D-AD12-C08038540C21.jpeg
Now I have to put some candy apple red on that front wheel. And maybe that black hub too. I can paint the wheel without stripping off the spokes but not so the hub.

That hub is a ShunFeng, which seems like a real good advice considering the news.

It won't be long before you have as many bicycles as you have fish . . .

Well it was not long and I’m up to five now, plus the cart, but only three of the bicycles are assembled and rideable, and two are completely in parts.

Nishiki, Manhattan, Huffy, Schwinn, Mongoose.

The Huffy and Schwinn are completely in bits.

The Schwinn grips, seat & front brake and lever went to the Manhattan. Also the Schwinn alloy front crankset and chain wheels.

Judy’s bike will get the nice aluminum wheels.

At bicycle shop prices, that covered the $70 I gave for that Schwinn 5x. 7x times if I can sell those like new tires and innertubes plus Judy’s old wheels.

I bought the new Huffy for less than the cost of one wheel. I think this bike will provide most of the parts for another custom that I might build.

Good morning to all of yous. More rain we had Friday and again last night. In between, Saturday, we got a new roof.

I hope you all have a great day.

Good morning MO friends and family. Another humid day is with us. Yesterday we were mid 80s but with the humidity it felt like low 90s. We have another like that today.

Have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners

No photos yet, but I picked up a really tall men’s bike frame to replace the girly frame on the Manhattan bike. It’s cro-mo steel as well & a very light frame for its size.

Back