• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Is Everyone Here Doing Their Part?

Ernst

.30-06
"Philanthropist"
A new analysis of FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System data indicates that gun sale background checks have crossed the 1.25 million threshold for 33 straight months, sustaining the highest-ever era of gun purchases.

Hope our Mossy friends are doing their part?

Regards

A new analysis of FBI National Instant Criminal Background Check System data indicates that gun sale background checks have crossed the 1.25 million threshold for 33 straight months, sustaining the highest-ever era of gun purchases.

Hope our Mossy friends are doing their part?

Regards

To be entirely honest, I can't even remember the last gun I bought. It's been a while. Prices have skyrocketed. I'm thankful that I started buying early. Otherwise I'd have to resort to sharpening sticks and throwing rocks and writing strongly worded letters.

I have at least three others that I need to do restorative work on. One of them is a serious, serious case of age.

Considering the quality of the new guns I had bought, half of them were in someway less than satisfying while the other half were great to perfect.

My MO is going to be to sell off my less desirable stuff at unusually inflated prices. To my relatives whose cars I’ve been fixing for free.

No, J/K . . . When I die that stuff will probably all still be right where it is now.

:coffee::coffee::coffee:

Last edited:
I occasionally see an ammo "deal" from a private seller on the local "guntrader" and am sometimes the lucky winner. About a week ago, I picked up 150rds of 9mm, 500rds of .22lr and some PSA Dagger (Glock) parts for $65. The new SA and RSA are just about worth the money alone. I might be picking up 250rds of 20ga #7? for $100 this weekend.

Speaking of Glock parts, I have assembled a number of "P80s" so I really haven't bought any guns, just parts. ;) Bidet's goons have already served some "cease and desist" orders to a few of my suppliers. :(

goodies.jpg

UPDATE: bought the 20ga shells. Wasn't a great deal but seller met me at a WM local to me. Selling because he didn't want to use them in his older gun, I forget the make and model. I bought because they are "faster" (1325fps) than the cheaper rounds sometimes found in WM (1200fps) and should run fine in my SA-20. WM had NO 20ga ammo in stock, BTW...

win20s.jpg

Last edited:
I think I'm at 4 in the last 33....doing what I can ok? LOL

That doesn't include one I was gifted by a buddy after holding his guns for 3 years until he decided what he wanted to do with them. (His firearms license expired and he didn't renew it)

I paid it forward to another buddy who couldn't afford a shotgun at the time and wanted to have a go at duck hunting.

Last edited:
Honestly, I have not bought much recently. A little bit of ammo, but that is about it. Not shooting much makes quite a difference. Take care. Tom Worthington

I have bought 3 handguns and a rifle during that time. I also bought some ammo when I could afford to. Like others here I didn't get caught unprepared, so I am able to pick and choose somewhat.

Back