• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Good morning

It was indeed. There were 9 in the crew. They were on the roof about 7am and pulled out of the driveway at 8:45 pm.
Lol when I had the steel roof put on right before I retired, the thing was done in a long day by just two guys. The main guy was the one who came out 5 days earlier to measure everything and ordered the panels from the factory in Oregon. The final parts and labor price was the same price that the company quoted me over the phone, while they looked at my house on Google Earth. Initial call was on a Saturday and have been sleeping wind and water tight 6 days afterward. Warranty is 50 years. Longer than my own…lol

Last edited:
Lol when I had the steel roof put on right before I retired, the thing was done in a long day by just two guys... Warranty is 50 years. Longer than my own…lol

What color did you go with? We have a lot of metal roofs here, especially in the rural areas.
Favorites are green, red, redish-orange, and a couple of greys.

Good morning to all of yous out there. We had a low this morning of 72, right at 90 later. I am not a golfer, but I reckon it's a fine morning. The PGA tournament is being played here this week. The site is 5 or 6 miles from me and will not affect me one bit.

I hope you all have a great day.

What color did you go with? We have a lot of metal roofs here, especially in the rural areas.
Favorites are green, red, redish-orange, and a couple of greys.
I live in a residential neighborhood so I went with a medium gray. Something that will go with any house color. They cut in a full length ridge vent, laid down a rubberized membrane over my existing rolled roofing so the texture wouldn’t chafe the bottom of the steel and had at it. They ordered one extra panel of each dimension in case of screw ups,( they didn’t, lol), and left the spare panels so I could use the leftovers on a shed I was building. The reflection of the sun off the roof and the ridge vent lowered my non AC summer indoor temps by almost 20 degrees, along with my insulation efforts in the, lol, attic. (2/12 pitch). 7D958D5C-9978-4279-9DB0-0434E52FFBEC.jpeg

Good morning from the junkyard/boat yard/bike yard.

This fender will be structural to the custom bike, according to my original designs. We’ll see how that works after I cut it up and make it fit. I have a 4 inch wide tire vs 8.25” fender.

6617ABB8-E4D6-43DE-86A5-B34583E52397.jpeg
I’ve been riding the mongoose bike every day. This will only go on until I fix my motorcycle at which point I’m going to start cutting it up.

It looks like Oklahoma’s been having a heatwave. It’s been in the 90s here but we’ve had so much breeze that I haven’t wanted to go fishing. I hope this changes soon.

We have been getting more breezes and if this becomes a traditional pattern I may buy a sailboat. Less fishing, more boating….

Rodburner, we had a 40 year metal roof put on about 5 years ago. Also had a thermal barrier underlayment. We went with a really light tan. Taupe or clay depending on the company selling it. We've been really happy with it.

Good morning to yous. 74 under mostly cloudy skies and a south wind of 20 mph. Low 80s this afternoon with a potential for severe weather tonight.

I think we are pretty much caught up on yard work so today will be a light day.

Have a great day and stay vigilant.

Glad you guys are doing well meanstreak. Our temps have been really high. Had several severe storms blow through this week. Two had accompanying tornado warnings where the weather man broke into regularly scheduled programming until the national weather service warnings expired.

Good morning and thanks John. Rain and 57 this morning with a high in the mid 60. The wind will be northerly at about 15 mph. It won't be a very nice day on the golf course today.

You all have a great day.

Good morning Mossberg Owners.

I see there were some more big winds back east & a tornado in Michigan.

No unusual weather here. Temperatures are around 90 and there’s been some nice breezes during the day.

I’ve been doing very little except work on bicycles. And ride bicycles. And shop for bicycle parts and tools.

I decided to check all the nuts and bolts on the mongoose yesterday since I have been riding up for a while now, and everything was nice and tight except the driveside crank bolt which was stripped completely.
25EDA298-DD2B-41E4-9DC4-CB5BA467FBF5.jpeg
Fortunately I have spare parts now, having stripped apart two complete bicycles to pieces.

Meanwhile, the tall 64cm Centurion frame that I bought is only suitable for 26 x 1.125”.

25555D63-43E6-4238-9989-1878209757C8.jpeg

I tried to put the 700 C wheels and tires on there and they rub by about half an inch.

This means that all the 700c gear will stay on the Manhattan bike, And I will cut up the centurion frame for the cro-mo tubing.

well well all plans are subject to change as they say…

I hope everyone escaped the storms.

. . . Two had accompanying tornado warnings where the weather man broke into regularly scheduled programming . . .

That sounds like my life in Minnesota. We used to have tornado warnings every year.

They usually touch down out in the wilderness though for some reason (Well there’s actually still a lot of wilderness in Minnesota) and damage to towns was rare.

While not unheard of, one thing that helps us avoid touchdowns are the mountain peaks and valleys, which disrupts the wind currents.

We do have tornadoes occasionally. Matter of fact, the place I live now, while still in a valley, it's over a mile long and probably half a mile wide, which is plenty of room for a tornado to form and touchdown.

Compared to the other places that I have lived, I can honestly say this is the windiest place that I have ever lived. So, tornadoes and strong winds concern me. I even had a redbud tree blow over last year with a sudden unexpected gust out of the blue on a sunny day.

I ordered these used forks for the mongoose. They’re from Jesse James (or some contractor that he signed with.)
6F681133-6A74-44BB-A57D-4F7B2E5FB172.jpeg
The chrome is all still really nice and the alloy is untarnished so I was very happy to get these.

Can't say that I'm a fan of jj. But, should be cool to see it on a bike.

Good morning . It's still cloudy and 48, but the wind gas subsided. The last day of the golf tournament is today, and there is an ironman triathlon taking place today. None of that involves me, lol.

You all have a great day.

Good morning guys.

I have been riding and working and riding and working. I reconfigured the Mongoose yesterday.
It needed the 700cm metric wheel. These forks are too short for the 20.
goosechop0.jpeg

goosechop1.jpeg

goosechop2.jpeg

It still needs lots of work. Lowered with an appropriate seat and sissy bar. It steers fine, doesn't flop, and is certainly faster.
I am going to like it with a smooth rear tire. The big plastic pedals have to go today!

Did I miss this news?
(from the Firearms Policy Coalition)

. . .we are proud as hell to announce yet another court victory in a major FPC case - Jones v. Bonta - at the Ninth Circuit.

The 3-judge panel decision held that California's age-based firearm purchase ban is unconstitutional.

The majority decision in this FPC lawsuit stated that “America would not exist without the heroism of the young adults who fought and died in our revolutionary army. Today we reaffirm that our Constitution still protects the right that enabled their sacrifice: the right of young adults to keep and bear arms.” However, it noted, “California has restricted the sale of most firearms to anyone under 21.”

Good Monday morning MOers. We had a rather cool, and for the most part cloudy weekend. The PGA golf tournament had an exciting finish. We also had an ironman triathlon yesterday as well. Needless to say I did not take part, lol.

I did however go to the dog park , then I started a new compost bin in a non used corner of the back yard.

Have a great day and stay safe.

Back