• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Do you have a FAVORITE .22LR handgun?

My favorite is my Sig Mosquito. I did have an issue with the slide breaking and had to buy a $100 GSG Firefly slide to repair it.
Not cost effective but I liked the gun and wanted it operational. Sig was no help fixing it.

My most reliable 22LR handguns are my M&P22 and 22c,

SigMosquito1.JPG

Sigresize2.jpg

M&Psclosed.jpg

S&W 622, traded a 10/22 for it over 30 years ago. It has taught many a youth or beginner how to shoot a pistol accurately.
Also have a Heritage .22 single-action, for the money is an OK plinker but non-adjustable sights are off and now out of 1-year warranty. I can see why they offer them with pic rails now... ;)

622l.jpg

Last edited:
Kel Tec CP33. I have yet to have a FTF. I think the key is to load the magazines as the instructions say to. Take care. Tom Worthington

My sentimental favorite is my High Standard M101. Heirloom gun my Dad gave me that was one of my Great-grandfather's pistols. Dad used to shoot wood bees with it when I was little. Hi-Standard Dura-Matic  M-101 .22LR LS.jpg

My favorite .22 is my Ruger Single Six Hunter. I have squirrel hunted with it a few times, but missed everything I shot at. Squirrel hunting with a handgun is tougher than I figured it would be.Ruger Single Six Hunter .22LR LS.jpg

My favorite .22 handgun is a Colt 1911A1.

In the winter of '66 I went into a pawnshop in Lawton, OK, outside of Ft. Sill Army Base and bought a 1911A1 for $50.
The guy said he had a Colt .22 conversion kit for it that he'd sell for $25.
So for that price I took the kit even tho' I could get all the .45 ammo I wanted for nothing.
I never used it a lot, but it is a beautifully built piece of work. It has a "Floating Chamber" that adds a little flip for realistic recoil.
The kit includes 2 10-round mags.
My gun dealer tells me the Colt kits are rare and it's easily worth more than $250.
I ain't sellin'.

1ace_apart2r.jpg

Thank you.

I’ve had it completely apart with the barrel off & everything.

You just have to know when to flip it upside down when you’re putting it back together, and it’s actually pretty easy.

Good for you, Cadd.
I was literally the "gun in a paper bag" guy back in '69 when smarty-ass me [I could detail strip a 1911, right? I can handle any damn thing!] popped that Mk III apart and had no idea how to find my way back. Made a friend at the gun store and he became one of my flight students. So it all came out great!

@Scoop
Well I looked at a diagram and watched a YouTube video before I took it apart. I watched a couple of them before I took the barrel off.

This was a used gun when I bought it and it probably had had at least 100 rounds through it without being well cleaned. Functionally it was perfect but I still had to take it apart.

The barrel slides off a dovetail-cut welded frame assembly. You have to tap a little bit. as I recall you hold it by the barrel and tap the frame on the edge of the bench and it comes right apart.

If you don’t wait until there’s so much crap in there that it’s welded together with corrosion. I was lucky and mine came right apart.

I put everything back together with WD-40 long-term corrosion inhibitor. I’m down to my last can & I’ve been hoarding.

Back