• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

new to sight

Bjack

Copper BB
Hey just got on this sight. Love collecting old 22 rifles. The only mossberg rifle I have so far is a 340BA and I really like that one. Am looking to possibly buy a model 42M for fathers day from a LGS but there are others I'm considering. My first Mossberg was a model 500 20 guage pump shotgun that I bought in 1984 and got my first pheasant with it in December of 1985. After that my brother and my son both shot their first pheasants with that same gun.

Welcome Aboard! :)
BTW, A "sight" is something you look through. A "site" is some place you visit like MO... ;)

Welcome to the forum.

I loved hearing the story about your first shotgun and your kid and brother using it to get their first pheasants. Sounds like it's been a good one.

As I said I was looking to buy a mossberg model 42m for fathers day and I did. however when I went there to pick up, they just had bought a collection that morning and it had a mossberg 42TR which I could not pass up. I brought both of them home today and if you havent heard of the 42TR , (which I never had ) look it up because its a very cool 22 rifle. It was a trap gun that would fling little mossberg clays from a thrower mounted to the rifle, which by the way I dont have yet. It has a smooth bore and a screw on barrel extension thats either rifled or choked for 22 shotshells. And hey, thanks for all the welcomes. By the way its a bolt action magazine fed.

Attachments

• IMG_5971.JPG
    IMG_5971.JPG
    652 KB · Views: 6
Sounds like a really neat find. I have never heard of that either.

Welcome from MI!!

Back