• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Question for Magpul SGA owners

Gfortythree

Copper BB
Just tried to remove my trigger group and ended up having to loosen/partially remove the stock.
Anyone else have this problem?

Yes. It's a known problem with the magpul stock.

Many people use a dremel on the surface of the stock where the rear part of the trigger pack seats to open it up a little more, but be careful and don't make the opening too large.

Or, just keep it the way it is and loosen the stock as necessary when you want to do a full takedown.

It is annoying. And why mine is dremeled.

I guess magpul doesn't want to address it since there are so few complaints online about it. And I understand that it costs a lot of money to make changes to the molds. So, I guess it isn't really high on their priority list.

But, the problem does exist.

Thanks for your reply.

Thought I had done my homework before I bought the SGA, but in all the articles I read, and all those Youtube videos I watched, everything was about installing it and user impressions. Never saw any mention of the trigger group removal problem.

I plan to contact Magpul and get the "official" response to the issue.

Thanks for the links!

Looks like I didn't use the correct search term when looking at Youtube.
Just checked again using "Magpul SGA problem" and bingo, found one, except the guy said he used a file to adjust.

I do have a Dremel.

...except the guy said he used a file to adjust.

I do have a Dremel.

The convenience and performance of a hand file is underrated. ;) I have all manner of files, round, square, triangular, half-round, big, little, coarse, medium, fine, mill bastards, some are Dick files that came with nice comfy handles.

BTW, Welcome Aboard! :)

Back