• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

CA: AG Leaks Names, Addresses Of Gun Owners In The State

Scoop

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Global Moderator
:link: REPORT: California AG Leaks Names, Addresses Of Gun Owners In The State | The Daily Caller

California AG Leaks Names, Addresses Of Gun Owners In The State

The California Attorney General’s Office leaked the named and addresses of thousands of gun owners across the state, The Reload reported Tuesday.

Files leaked from the database included the home addresses, full names and dates of birth for every gun owner in the state, according to The Reload. The leak included the private information of 244 judges and 420 reserve officers in addition to thousands of private civilians.

The outlet reported that social media posts confirmed the leak revealed data from an “assault weapons” registry as well.

California Attorney General Rob Bonta issued a press release Monday announcing, “new and updated firearms data available through the California Department of Justice (DOJ)’s 2022 Firearms Dashboard Portal.”

“Today’s announcement puts power and information into the hands of our communities by helping them better understand the role and potential dangers of firearms within our state,” Bonta said of the dashboard.
At the time of publication, the link to the dashboard alerts users the website is “temporarily unavailable.”

-----------------------------
I'm not going to start a new thread, but check out this next thread:
:link: California Threatens To Compromise Gun Owner Data And Privacy | The Daily Caller

Saw that. Part of me says it is all by design.

I don't think there was a breach, but how many will voluntarily submit info via their online form. Great way to get info on guns/owners they didn't have info on before.

I think patriots should proudly and willingly "dox" their elected officials including judges and all lawyers including prosecutors.

I'm sure it was accidental and wasn't intended to cause any harm to gun owners and was totally unrelated to the supreme court decision that says states can't prevent them from not issuing a CCW license if there is no record of wrongdoing.

(if you could hear the tone in my voice as I'm talking in my head as I typed the above paragraph, it was full of sarcasm).

Far as I know, it was only leaked out a certain few hours. Which I'm sure was plenty long enough for whomever it was intended to download everything so they can doxx people and cause them problems with all the illegals to give them info to steal identities and such and so they can vote for biden again next election.

Everybody knew this would happen which is why so many refused to register.

And it wasn’t thousands that was leaked. It was millions of records that were leaked. Everybody who bought a gun in the past 12 years will be on that list.

I see a lot of unnecessary death on the horizon due to this criminal action.

I don't want to jinx CWP holders here in FL, but I'm sure our only Dumpocrap cabinet member (SecAg) is probably figuring a way to do that with our records... LINK

Back