• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

pictures that make you lol

In keeping with the theme PICTURES that make you lol I'll submit this
Burma Shave display I used to drive past on my way to my job in WI.

images

Those Burma Shave signs are truly Americana. I saw one a few years back, maybe 10, that had been left standing for decades. It was almost completely overgrown with brush and weeds. I think prior to that it had been at least 35 years since I had seen one.

Good times on a road trip back in the day.

The one I quoted was one I saw on the side of the road in Arizona in 1962. That’s how good my memory of it is, but I’ve never read most of the others and they are all funny.

I do remember the one about “nice car wasn’t it?” But I never saw it on a sign. Only that one.

If you ever see a picture of those signs, what you see is a curve of a glowing beer cans on one of them.

EA8F9FA4-165F-4FEC-83D2-78F3CC7D8DE7.jpeg I switched gas stations.

Valero oil co bought up all the old Beacon and Atlantic Richfield stations around here, brightened them up, and converted them to Valero. (Rhymes with bolero?)

Anyhow, they have some good reason to be pissed, and I have seen other businesses around Clovis flying that yellow “Don’t tread on me” snake flag.

Also a lot of the decorations in our neighborhood did not come down after the Fourth of July. And in fact some new ones have gone up since.

Back