• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Anybody here shoot the .410 shell?

nitesite

Average Guy
"Philanthropist"
If so at what do you shoot?

I’d love to get one but ammo is so hard to come by and EXPENSIVE!!!!

I've got a Stevens 301 single shot. Bought it as a lightweight turkey gun. So far not too happy with the patterns with the tungsten loads but with a red dot it works awesome for red squirrels.

I got lucky and snagged several boxes of ammo from a local place before it totally dried up.

I cut my teeth on 410.

And it's also what I taught my sons how to hunt with.

My youngest, was able to down a nice turkey with a 2-1/2" #6 shot when he was 7.

410 will kill anything that any other birdshot will kill. The only down side is having to get closer because there aren't as many pellets in them. Roughly about half the number of pellets than a 1-1/4 oz 12 gauge shot shell.

We have several 410 shotguns.

PS. You can reload your own 410. I made a simple basic reloading tool several years ago just for that. You can often find similar tools on ebay for $75-$95.

I got a 510 mini for the wife. She loves it. I love it too. So much fun to shoot without the oompf of my 835..

I was offered a single shot .410 break-action several years back, and I was a fool not to buy it.

Since I figured out how to muzzleload a shotgun I’m not so worried about ammunition availability.

Anyhow I’ll probably never own a .410 now but I still have a funky single shot 16 gauge to play with.

I was offered a single shot .410 break-action several years back, and I was a fool not to buy it.

Since I figured out how to muzzleload a shotgun I’m not so worried about ammunition availability.

Anyhow I’ll probably never own a .410 now but I still have a funky single shot 16 gauge to play with.

I have a 16g SxS, a Fulton. It was my grandmothers. Love the 16. I think its the best all around gun, bummer that it is not more popular.

I love me some 16 gauge.

My first gun was a break action stevens 16 ga mod 94 that my Dad gave to me when I was 13.

It's one of those guns that I would scrap over.

My youngest is wanting to go squirrel hunting next weekend (season opener) and I had already talked to him that I'm going to take it and use it. To be honest, I think it would do both me and that old gun good to spend some quality time together like the old days.

I found this website and it allowed me to date mine to mid 1977 manufacture.

https://www.leeroysramblings.com/Gun Articles/stevens_date_code.html

Back