• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Owners Forum feedback, suggestions, changes, etc...

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
This is a place for members to post up any feedback, suggestions, changes they would like to see, etc...We are open to any and all ideas!

Re: Mossberg Owners Forum feedback, suggestions, changes, et

I'd kinda like to see a youth section! ;)

We have our off topic and talk about video games and stuff, and NSFW maybe a Not Safe For School sorta place, and it could be like our "Other weapons", but "Youth" and from there branch off into other subcatagories?

I'll patrol it if you like and keep it clean and with Allisons help, maybe get a couple topics started, like "pets" or "What Sports Are You In?"... "Homework Sux" or even "MW3 comes out on XBox 360 Soon!!!"

Whatever I gotta do man, let me know!

General Discussion Area

I'm new here and I hope I didn't miss it but I don't see a general discussion area on the forum.
Where the main forum heading says general, the sub forums are model specific. Same for the rifle section.

I feel it would be better to have a general discussion sub forum.
Just offering up a couple of suggestions here so forgive me if I'm out of line.

Re: General Discussion Area

No problem man! We have the "off-topic" section in both work safe and not safe for work flavors... There is a random stream of conciousness thread too in NSFW.

I have sometimes thought the same thing you mention, but the off-topic area works pretty good.

Check it out and see if that works for ya! ;)

Yep. That would work. I didn't know that general discussion go in the off topic area.
Pretty much every forum I've been a member have a general discussion forum apart from the off topic.

Thanks for directing me to the off topic area.

I have been debating this for a while now but maybe we should just add a section. The off-topic sections have been working well for most cases though.

If it was put to a vote I would vote "yes" for it.

Soon after I joined up, I looked for the general discussions area and was dismayed when I didn't find one.
I sort of naturally expected it to be there.

I view off topic areas as off color as well but you have two off topic sections.

I suspect that a request for a general discussion area may pop up from time to time in the near future as new members like me are drawn to the site.

Nice site you have here and I wondered why no one didn't think of creating a Mossberg dedicated forum before. It's good that you did!

I pretty much know what you and moderators go though everyday as I used to run a BBS back before there was an internet. Ugh, I'll hush now as I'm telling my age. Lol!

:lol: Ha! I remember the pre-internet days too!

But back to the general discussion... I bet we have all thought we could use a dedicated section at one time or another, and at one point I even had some things I wanted to post and had started writing Dan an email as to why we needed one. We'll, While I was typing, I forgot my reasons and what I wanted to post! :lol: So I let it go! :D

I dont see why it couldnt be set up under the "General" subforum. Like I said, I just never worried about beyond those few minutes, it seemed like things could under off-topic...

^^ Lol! ^^
Once I downloaded a small from Compuserv at 300 baud, long distance which resulted a $300+ phone bill. I never did that again! Lol!

Oh, I don't mind not having a dedicated general discussion section now that I know where to post topics of that nature. Creating the general topic section would make things much neater though. :)

As Forrest Gump would say: "That's all I got to say about that"

HELPPPPPPP!!! I keep having to constantly log onto site, or wanting to go to different pages within site, or trying to reply/preview or upload an attachment within that page, I KEEP GETTING KNOCKED OFF and have to either start over or give up because site KEEPS LOGGING ME OUT without my permission/knowledge to do so. I had troubles even registering, and it took me over a Month to get on after finding this Site. What's going on? This is ONLY HAPPENING with this site. All my other sites work as programmed. Sorry for the rant, but I would like to enjoy this site without the site kicking me off with every turn of a page, or going into another area of site, or wanting to post a reply. I have Wildblue as a Service, which is a satellite provider as my connection if that helps? However, I think it's a programming with this site that may not work correctly with certain connections. Just a thought.
TriumphMan(Delbert)

Sounds like you may need to clear the board cookies in your browser. I had a similar issue with a different forum and that cleared it right up. Try it out and let us know if it helps...

I go through it occassionally too. As a habit, I right click and copy everything before I post,

I've heard or seen where other have deleted all board cookies and that has worked or helped.

It is frustrating for sure! I've been through it too and assumed it was just my computer for quite a while.

Thanks for the info. I'll delete any board cookies to see if that clears up the site confusion.
Del

I hope it works for ya man... It seems to come and go for me.

I changed the settings on my browser to automatically delete all cookies, temporary files, history, etc. everytime I close down. I've never had the issues you guys are describing with this or any of our other sites...

Ahhhh... I may do like wise, Thanks!

It's funny, that with a gun forum, you don't have an OPTIC/RING/BASE page. This site needs one, and it should be broken up into different segments. There's "Red Dot"/Holographic scopes, Target, Shotgun, Air Rifle and Hunting scopes. Each scope may do different things, and many scopes CAN and SOMETIMES DO crossover onto another type gun where it's more usable to that person and their needs, but they might not know that, and some scopes just won't work on a particular gun because of the scope's capability/reliability/size, or the type of rings/bases or gunsmithing needs, and this is where we as knowledgeable forum members' can possibly help out. There's also cheap cost scopes compared to cheap scopes, but that's another debate.
Del

I think that's a solid idea.

Up to now, we've handled questions about optics in the respective firearms sub-forums. It would make the information a lot more accessible if conversations on optics were grouped into their own sub-category, especially since many optics will fit several different models of rifle, shotgun, and even handgun.

It's up to our admin to create the category, so we'll see what he has to say...

BTW Dan, if you do create the sub-category I'll take the MOD responsibilities and make sure new content gets posted up ASAP.

I will set that section up now! Thanks for the great suggestion.

Cool,

I'll spend some time this evening consolidating optics related posts into the new category. Will you be setting up sub-categories for the different types of optics?

Back