• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Video of the NEW Mossberg 500 CHAINSAW!!!

DHonovich

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Sponsor
"Philanthropist"
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4st3VSS5kX8[/youtube]

Now don't be too hasty. Lumberjacks and landscapers are always looking for innovation and new technological advances in their tree trimming gear. The neighbor's apricot tree have a branch hanging over your fence that's takin a crap on your yard? No problem... now you can blow the $#!+ outta that branch and I bet your neighbor won't even get in your face about it. :lol:

lol! ok, that aside, there are some very real issues with this gun.

You know how to shoot, and I know how to shoot. We understand what a cheek weld is. We know how to sight a firearm, even a shotgun with a bead sight.

So for you or I, or anyone else familiar with firearms, to pick this thing up, how the heck do you use it? Its not a foregrip, so you cant bring it up to eye level. You cant look across the receiver. I know it has rails on the forend to mount a light or laser. Ok, so put a light on it. Now, holding like a chainsaw, how do you manipulate the light without moving from a ready position?

This begs the question, who are these being marketed to? People who dont know how to shoot? I dunno, but thats what it looks like.

The end.

Seems to me it’s aimed at a tiny sliver of the shotgun market….door breeching. Some of the folks that breech doors for a living carry a short PG 12ga just for breeching and as soon as they are in it’s a quick transition back to the carbine. So that being said all the wannabe’s will want one. Then it will be on COD 8 and they will sell a million…..laughing all the way to the bank.

At the SHOT show in January this was one of the most popular weapons there. I was very surprised.

Just got it a couple of weeks ago. Took it to the range, everyone who saw it, either wanted to hold and/or pop off a few rounds. The recoil is very manageable and shooting from the hip I can swap hands at will. The door breacher makes for good defense in tight quarters. As for shooting from eye level I keep my Glock 21SF cleaned and oiled for that job.

Attachments

• chainsaw-box.jpg
    chainsaw-box.jpg
    119.9 KB · Views: 2,779
Mossberg 500 Chainsaw upgrade, makes you wish Zombies were real. Added TacStar 6-shell holder and Blackhawk shotgun sling with 15-shell capacity. For a total of 27 rounds slung over your shoulder

Attachments

• chainsaw---upgrade-low.jpg
    chainsaw---upgrade-low.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 2,730
Can you put the handle on the bottom? If you shoot off the shoulder that may be better at least for me. This is not my cup of tea but I hope you enjoy it cause that's what makes the world go 'round.

sorry guys its just a little too mall ninja for me.

I really dont even see this as a good breaching option , but to each his or her own

cbshooter said:
Can you put the handle on the bottom? If you shoot off the shoulder that may be better at least for me. This is not my cup of tea but I hope you enjoy it cause that's what makes the world go 'round.

The handle can't be flipped, it is a different shooting experience. it's not often you find something outside the norm

I know I want to get one just for shooting around as its quite different than your typical shotgun.

Not my cup of tea with it being in a 12ga. Just too hard on wrist and forearm muscles to try and tame down, to shoot each day. NOW, if this sucker was in a 410ga, it would be quite fun to knock a few crows or squirrels out of trees and still functional as a nice home defense weapon with slugs as every other shell. Also in a 410, instead of only carrying around 27 shells as the pics show, you would be able to double up and carry around 50. That would make Zombies think twice about attacking. Also with all those shells to carry around this would make for a fairly heavy weapon, but I suppose in a moment of attack, you probably wouldn't notice the weight.
Del

An increase in weight shouldn't matter since you are not holding at shoulder height, but, how much more weight are we talking about here?

Back