• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Mossberg Owners Forum feedback, suggestions, changes, etc...

Re: Mossberg Owners Forum feedback, suggestions, changes, et

I think I was going to do Optics, Scope Rings And Bases with the sub categories of Rifles, Shotguns, Pistols

I added the section, I broke it down to bases, optics and scope rings but I am still up in the air on how to split up that section. It will certainly be a section that will evolve as it grows.

Here's how I see it...

Major Category: Optics

Sub-categories:

-Red Dot/Holographic Sights
-Adjustable Power Scopes
-Scope Rings/Sight bases

Perhaps a sub-category for Iron Sights as well that would cover Ghost Rings, BUIS, and aftermarket upgrade options or add-ons. We could then 'sticky' a separate thread in each section for shotgun and rifle, as well as handgun options where applicable.

From there we could add as needed. Thoughts?

There's not many scope makers making them nowadays, but don't forget "fixed power" scopes.
Looks like we're off to a good start. Thanks
Del

If you don't see a photo thread in your area of interest, start one up and we'll give it a sticky...

Anyone else have input?

When looking at the "View new posts" , it would be nice if there were a "mark forums read" box.

Dragonryder, there is a "mark posts read" option from the main index and a "Mark Topics Read" from within each sub forum. I did not see an option for this from within the search results view.

You will still see these topics when viewing new posts as it appears to go by a timeline rather then only looking a posts made since your last search.

One of the admins or one of the other mods may be able to expand on that a bit with more details.

Main index:

Example here from within the hunting forum:

Attachments

19.9 KB · Views: 1,084
    13.1 KB · Views: 1,084

Any other suggestions? I really appreciate the input from members.

Any suggestions? Especially with all the new members signing up; I would love to hear what your first impressions are of the community and if you have any areas that you would like to see improvement in.

Many other forums I'm on have a feature that when you put the pointer on the thread title you can read a little of the original post, kinda helps me decide if want to open it or not.
Just a thought.

I will certainly look into that for you!

30.06 said:
Many other forums I'm on have a feature that when you put the pointer on the thread title you can read a little of the original post, kinda helps me decide if want to open it or not.
Just a thought.

Excellent suggestion

I know everyone has a hobby other than shooting, a vehicle they cherish or dream about, how about sub forums for "What Other Hobbies Do You Have", What Do You Drive"?

Howdy Scott,

There isn't an entire sub-forum for it, but we do have a couple threads dedicated to both topics you mentioned in our "Off-Topic" section, "Work Safe" sub-forum...

What automobiles do you have?

OT: Besides guns.....

There are several other hobby threads in that section as well. The topics alone haven't been quite active enough to warrant a stand alone sub-forum but jump in, get the conversation started up again, and that might change...

I thought that was "G" rated jokes and storied and pics of women with clothes on... :roll:

Thanks!!

No problem.

The off-topic area was created for pretty much anything unrelated to firearms. If you ever have anything to post and you can't find an existing thread for it, just start one up and let it rip...

Back