• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

702 yes/no/problems?

War Lord

Copper BB
I am looking for information on the 702.

I saw one yesterday at Bi Mart. Around $157.00. It was the carbon stocked one and the stock caught my eye. Rather unusual. I really don’t need one but then again, that is no reason not to get one. I went in looking for a Marlin bolt action but they were out and that Mossberg seemed like it wanted to go home with me.

I was just curious what people think of them and if they have any particular problems?

Thank you for any input.

The 702 Plinkster is a great gun for the $$ !!

It comes with either an 18 or 21 inch 8 groove 1:16 twist barrel and is chambered in the best caliber for shooting all day...the .22 rimfire. It also comes with fully adjustable, factory mounted sights and a dove-tailed receiver to accept standard 3/8" rimfire scope mounts.

It's an excellent choice...post some pics when you pick it up... ;)

Thank you shooter13.

That is what I wanted to hear.

I didn't check the length of barrel, just saw the gun on the rack. I didn't actuly handle the gun. It was on the rack behind the counter. From what I could see it had a better set of sights than my Marlin 60. Looked like a good price so I might have to get it for my own Christmas present. I'm sure my wife would want me to. :lol:

I had never considered a 702 untill my son requested one for his birthday. Always shot 500 slug guns but never a Mossberg rifle I guess he wanted the same brand as his oleman. Anyway long story short I liked it so much I gut a 702 ss with a black stock and just love the thing. Other than the lack of aftermarket support I really do not believe there is a better .22 on the market for the price!

Back