• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

East central Iowa waving a hand.

911JB

Hello all, The name here is Joe, but I go by JB or 911JB [911JB = birthday and initials] .
I started squeezing a trigger back in 1970 , when my father [who also held a FFL] gave me my first rimfire rifle at the age of 7. That little rifle started a passion for all things shooting/firearm related . Fast forward 40 years and you will now find me behind the bench at my own gunsmith business.
I ran across this forum yesterday as I did a web search during a 500 VS 870 conversation on another forum. Looks like a great forum you have here, glad I found it.
Thanks for having me and hope to see you all around the threads.
Respects , JB.

Here is a pic of my 500's [ be warned, I am a photo nut].

Mossberg500s004edit.jpg

Mossberg500s011edit.jpg

Welcome to Mossberg Owners forum. We are glad to have you as part of our growing community. I was wondering what the screen name meant when I saw you sign up. Looks like a nice collection of Mossberg 500's that you have there. Keep on posting pictures up if you have them as we all enjoy seeing them.

Joe, we're happy to have you and glad you found us!

We love pics too! Thats a good lookin bunch of 500's you have Joe!

Thanks for the welcome Ultimate CC & Rossignol.

Glad you like pics! So, I'll throw out a few more pics of a moss 500.
I took this buck in Iowa, 04 Dec 2010 , using a 20g 500 with a rifled ported scoped barrel. Shooting hornaday sst sabots at 125 yards. While I have taken quite a few bucks with my 12g 500, this is the first time ever for using a 20g.

shotgun2010018.jpg

shotgun2010013.jpg

buck2010006.jpg

Oh wow! Nice buck my friend! Didnt see a single buck here this season, plenty of doe. I heard them gruntin after gun season ended though, lol!

Thanks for the welcome all.

I just finished putting the back 1/2 of the folder stock and the extended tube and barrel on that little pistol grip 500. Here's a new pic of it.

Model12011.jpg

Back