• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

New 500a owner checking in

mooman

Copper BB
Hi to everyone from Chicago.
I'm the proud new owner of a 500A special 50th eddition that I bought over the weekend from Dick's. This gun must be a Dick's exclusive for I have not seen it anywhere else around.
I also must claify that it is not the 50th anniversary with the glossy stock and the other chachkis on it, it's kinda plain jane with the exception of some engraving on the butt stock.

I'm looking forward to being a memeber of this board and all of the help I can get as this is my first gun purchase and I'm really a newbie at this.

Welcome aboard!

We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your new 500 and any other firearms you own the various sub-forums. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Are you even allowed to think about guns in Chicago? :lol:

Welcome to the forum

Hello and welcome, I have the 500 with the inscription of the 50th anniversary on it. Can you post a picture - what is the difference - in the 500A and 500?

Joe

JoeRotella said:
what is the difference - in the 500A and 500?

500 "A" is the designation for 12ga.

Other model designations by gauge/caliber:

500B- 16ga.
500C- 20ga.
500E- .410 caliber

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum mooman !!

I too would like to see some pics of your new Mossy... ;)

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum!

Welcome to the forum!
For your first gun you picked a winner!!
It will last you the rest of your life and probably your great-grand-kids lives as well!!
Shotguns are the most fun anyone can have with guns!
Enjoy your new gun and learn everything there is to know about it.

Please remember that ALL new guns should be disassembled and cleaned THOROUGHLY before shooting.
Any questions about your new shotgun, this is the right place to ask.

We're glad to have ya here man!

I'd def like to see it when youre able to get pics up!

Back