• Mossberg Owners is in the process of upgrading the software. Please bear with us while we transition to the new look and new upgraded software.

Hello from Northern Alabama

Scout

.22LR
I'm retire US Army. I work as a Department of Defense as a contractor. I run to this site by accident couple weeks ago. I was looking for information on mossberg 590A1 and after reading here how pleased is everyone with their 590A1 I went and picked one my self. It is my 3rd mossberg. I own a 500, 835 and my new 590A1. I just got done installing a Limbsaver recoil pad and a Specter CQB sling. Can't wait to shoot it but range is closed till Feb because hunting season. This gun will be mainly for HD maybe some 3 gun competition.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LM1OIMPCCD0[/youtube]

Welcome to Mossberg Owners Forum! Congratulations on your new Mossberg 590A!

Thank you for your service Scout and welcome to the forum.

Welcome to the forum Scout!
There are a great bunch of knowlegable folks on here.
Also post up some photos of your guns as we like looking at them as well as talking about them.

My roots are from NE Alabama. Go Bama!

Welcome aboard!

It's already been said, but I'll say it again. Thank you for your service. We've got a great group of folks here on Mossberg Owners and the atmosphere is very laid back. The only thing we like better than discussing each other's guns is lookin at 'em, so be sure to post up some pics of your Mossbergs and any other firearms you own the various sub-forums. Let us know if you have any questions.

Enjoy the site!

Hey, Scout... really glad to have you as part of the forum. It's a great gun board and I love it here. I hope you'll come by often and please don't be shy. We talk about just about any gun known to man and certainly not just shotguns so post just about anything on your mind even if it's not firearms related!

It's a bitch that Swan Creek range is closed for the duck hunters, isn't it? I'm guessing you are in the Huntsville/Athens/Decatur vicinity. Am I close? I live in Morgan County and work in Lawrence County. If you just have to get to a range before February let me know and I'll try to pull a couple strings.

Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Scout !!

Worked for the DoD 32.5 years myself...got an early out at 53...now I'm 3.5 years into "living the dream" !!

Wife is retired SGM US Army CID...we were both HQ'd out of Fort Belvior, VA. She now works as a contractor for General Dynamics in Philly.

Where were you in Alabama ?!

Welcome from another Southern State...... Arizona :lol:

Thanks for your service and hope you enjoy your stay here....

Lateck,

Het Scout - Which model Limbsaver fits the 590A1? I can't find one list anywhere, even on their web site, for the 590A1, or any 590. Does it take the same pad as the 500? i was going to order the pre-fit version.

Hi Scout, Thanks for your service man! And welcome to MO!!!

My 590A1 is my favorite of my Mossberg, though I dont have a rifle yet! ;)

We also have that Specter Gear sling, its pretty cool, my daughter uses it with her 500!

I want to thank everyone of you for the warm welcome to this forum. Sound like I found a nice place besides the range to hang around.

SHOOTER13 said:
Welcome to the Mossberg Owners Forum Scout !!

Worked for the DoD 32.5 years myself...got an early out at 53...now I'm 3.5 years into "living the dream" !!

Wife is retired SGM US Army CID...we were both HQ'd out of Fort Belvior, VA. She now works as a contractor for General Dynamics in Philly.

Where were you in Alabama ?!

Shooter I relocate from Ft Eustis VA to Huntsville AL. Life is slower here and that is perfect for me right now. I Also real affordable.

CrackerKen said:
Het Scout - Which model Limbsaver fits the 590A1? I can't find one list anywhere, even on their web site, for the 590A1, or any 590. Does it take the same pad as the 500? i was going to order the pre-fit version.

I Installed the one that you grind. I pick the medium size. Had to elongate the lower hole almost nothing to make it fit. I used the original bolts on my factory speed feed stock. It is a little big, it can be sand on the sides about 1/4in but my slings cover it. I personally don't mind it a little bigger. Extra padding.

nitesite said:
Hey, Scout... really glad to have you as part of the forum. It's a great gun board and I love it here. I hope you'll come by often and please don't be shy. We talk about just about any gun known to man and certainly not just shotguns so post just about anything on your mind even if it's not firearms related!

It's a bitch that Swan Creek range is closed for the duck hunters, isn't it? I'm guessing you are in the Huntsville/Athens/Decatur vicinity. Am I close? I live in Morgan County and work in Lawrence County. If you just have to get to a range before February let me know and I'll try to pull a couple strings.

Nitesite you're right is a pain. And yes need a place to shoot this 590A1. Can't wait let me know when we can get together. I'm on Huntsville.

Scout, can you get over to the Decatur/Trinity area this Sat or Sun morning around 8:00 AM? I can get you into an outdoor range after I get off my 12-hr night shift. Can you find the Nucor Steel plant entrance on Hwy 20 in Trinity and meet me there? The range is about five minutes away from there.

nitesite said:
Scout, can you get over to the Decatur/Trinity area this Sat or Sun morning around 8:00 AM? I can get you into an outdoor range after I get off my 12-hr night shift. Can you find the Nucor Steel plant entrance on Hwy le20 in Trinity and meet me there? The range is about five minutes away from there.

Nitesite I be there Saturday if you're available. Let me know. I sent you a pm with my cell phone number. Give me a call when ever you get a chance. Thanks brother.

Back